300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont think this question has been answered before

I am currently in the hiring process for a police cadet position. I passed the written and oral and am now working on my background packet with a poly scheduled in the next two weeks. My background isnt great, but the moment of truth will be when I go in there and be honest and let the chips fall where they may.
    But, the question I wanted to ask is do many police officers transition into probation officers. If any of you know of cadet programs, is it possible to do so as part of the cadet program. Do you have to serve a certain amount of time to become a probation officer (probably not so). I was just wondering because as a cadet I would also be completing my bachelors degree, and just wondering if I would dissapoint the department if I took that role.

Thanks in advance for your responses

I'm not following you. Are you applying for a police officer position in which you will be going into an academy as a cadet, or are you joining an explorer program as a cadet?

Need more details.
    If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Ummm, why not just try for probation officer then?
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

To All

i thought there was a certain age limit for cadets. most places only hire cadets between the ages of 15-21 and are encouraged to apply with the department when they turn 21.

yeah i agree with the previous post.. why not just apply for the probation officer position ..?

Comment

Originally posted by t_shaq15
          But, the question I wanted to ask is do many police officers transition into probation officers.
          Probably not too many. Probation Departments are separate entities from police or Sheriff's Departments. You might find a few guys who got tired of PD and decided to jump to Probation, but probably no more than cops who decided to become firefighters, lawyers, or insurance salesmen.

Comment

Sorry for being so complicated

Actually the cadet program does not require a certain age. You are not an explorer and you are not in the academy as a cadet. You are just a cadet hired on by the police department who does similar jobs as explorers but are receiving benefits and being paid. The reason why I wanted to do this was to get my foot in the door and since I would probably be performing police officer duties as a probation officer, as a cadet I will be getting hands on experience.

Comment

Sounds like a CSO?

I would think in our department's scheme of things, it would be a promotion to transfer over to the Probation Department.

When I tested for dispatcher, I also took all the clerical tests for various county positions. One of the positions I was offered was with Probations, which I think goes higher then Dispatch eventually, but was in the same general starting level.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8629 users online. 476 members and 8153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X