300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military discharging

how far out should I begin testing for a department in san diego county? I have 8 months left
    Post clever signature here.....

I can't speak specifically for departments in the San Diego area, but from my expierence the average the hiring time for most departments in about six months or more. If I were you and you want to get into Law Enforcement as soon as you get out I would start testing as soon as possible.

Comment

When my EAOS was near I applied to my home town PD and I got the Ball rolling alot faster . I got hired within a month ... I since you have 8 months start applying now the sooner the better !!

where were you stationed ??? I was At Navbase 32nd street security. I got out in Feb
      "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by travel_light
        how far out should I begin testing for a department in san diego county? I have 8 months left
        What department(s)?

SDPD is badly in need of officers. But as fast as you can go, I don't think you could get their process finished much faster than about 4 months.

The Sheriff's Department needs lots of deputies, too. You might be able to get through their process a little bit faster... you can start filling out the PHS now and be ready to turn it in right after the orientation.

The local departments, probably the usual 6 months or so. I don't think anyone else (Escondido, Chula Vista, El Cajon, Oceanside, Carlsbad, etc.) is really badly in need, since they've been recruiting fron SDPD due to pension problems.

Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/ specifically http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasi..._001124508430/

Comment

Originally posted by navycop04
          When my EAOS was near I applied to my home town PD and I got the Ball rolling alot faster . I got hired within a month ... I since you have 8 months start applying now the sooner the better !!

where were you stationed ??? I was At Navbase 32nd street security. I got out in Feb

Im out in May 07 so thats eight months, so are guys saying i could start now? What if I pass all the test and I still have time left in the military? Would I have to retest or would they hold a spot for me once I'm discharged?

I'm stationed out of coronado. I'm looking for SDPD or Chula vista

Comment

San Diego's not a very good dept to work for right now....just something else to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05
              San Diego's not a very good dept to work for right now....just something else to consider.
              Well, the pension system will be fixed at some point.

And there's no reason why you couldn't do a year or two with SDPD and then lateral to another agency.

travel_light: You would probably be best served by calling and asking. I'm sure that they would be willing to send a new officer to "the next academy".

http://www.joinsdsheriff.net/

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/

Comment

NYPD's gonna be at MCRD to test.

I think your test results are good for a while too? So even though you are still in, you could test as soon as possible. Not 100% sure on this though, so you might want to ask the department's recruiters.
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by jnojr
                  Well, the pension system will be fixed at some point.

And there's no reason why you couldn't do a year or two with SDPD and then lateral to another agency.

The pension system is only one of many issues, there are much bigger issues involved.

Comment

[QUOTE=beachcop05]

The pension system is only one of many issues, there are much bigger issues involved.
                    Do tell! I'm not thinking about reapplying with SDPD, but travel_light will probably appreciate as much info as possible!

Comment

Apply now--- and apply everywhere. If you do get offered a job and an academy start date before you EAS, you can request an early discharge. In all cases I know of, the military member was granted the early release.
                      If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Thanks guys... i'm gonna call a recuriter and see what they say also.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12156 users online. 441 members and 11715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X