Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach PD taking apps.

http://www.longbeach.gov/police/join...me/default.asp

There have been some growing pains lately but I think that things will get worked out soon. Great group of Officers. Great training. Interesting City to work in with lots of different details to get into after you do your stint in patrol.

Schedule wise expect to apply before 10-20, take the written in November/December and start the Academy (if you get selected) in June.

Ping me with any questions about the process. I know it well.

Every city is taking apps.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCALCOP
      Long Beach only takes apps for recruits at certain times. For instance this round will end on 10-20-2006. Thus the post.

Comment

My unit works with LBPD sometimes and we work well with them, but they are having issues right now. They recently signed a new contract but are still unhappy with it. Alot of seasoned guys have left with many more in the process from what a cpl of coppers have told me. It is too bad, alot of different areas and assignments to work for a medium sized dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
          My unit works with LBPD sometimes and we work well with them, but they are having issues right now. They recently signed a new contract but are still unhappy with it. Alot of seasoned guys have left with many more in the process from what a cpl of coppers have told me. It is too bad, alot of different areas and assignments to work for a medium sized dept.

That was my point about the pains right now. The City is working on it right now and they should receive a raise on top of the contract it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCALCOP

But not every city will take a lateral from an out of state dept... And LBPD will take um after just 1 year on the street.
            "I have learned to love that which is meant to harm me, so that I can stand in the way of those who are less strong. I can take the bullets for those who aren't able to."

"Violence Is A Language Gangs Understand"

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaBravo404
              But not every city will take a lateral from an out of state dept... And LBPD will take um after just 1 year on the street.
              Yep, we just hired a guy from Washington State and another from New York. You need a 136 hr POST waiver course, then a 7 week LBPD Lateral Transistion class (after you get hired), then the FTO program.

Comment

Im sending in my application next week... How long is the process taking these day, you know?
                "I have learned to love that which is meant to harm me, so that I can stand in the way of those who are less strong. I can take the bullets for those who aren't able to."

"Violence Is A Language Gangs Understand"

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaBravo404
                  Im sending in my application next week... How long is the process taking these day, you know?
                  I'll send you a PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5920 users online. 345 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X