300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to relocate

Hello everyone, I'm a PO in Michigan and lookoing to relocate to the Orange County area. My wife is originally from OC and we try to get out there as much as possible. Anyway being a PO in Michigan is horrible, the market stinks, economy here is the pits and yes the weather SUCKS!!!!!. I've been on the job for little over three years and have alot of diverse experience and training.Any advise that can be given would be welcomed concerning:

- The real process for out of state laterals. I've researched the POST requirements and process but was wondering if it varies for each Dept. Where to start ? and What to do first ie. get waiver then apply to PD or vice versa

- What are some good areas to check for living. I already know its expensive but we don't care, we'll live in a shack on the beach

- Would it be helpfull to talk with recruiters

Any specific thought on PD's that are favorable. Currently looking at Newport PD, Irvine PD, Orange PD and other like that in the area or even a little more south. Also, what is the mentality toward out of state PO's.

Originally posted by jrs034
    - The real process for out of state laterals. I've researched the POST requirements and process but was wondering if it varies for each Dept. Where to start ? and What to do first ie. get waiver then apply to PD or vice versa

- What are some good areas to check for living. I already know its expensive but we don't care, we'll live in a shack on the beach

- Would it be helpfull to talk with recruiters

Any specific thought on PD's that are favorable. Currently looking at Newport PD, Irvine PD, Orange PD and other like that in the area or even a little more south. Also, what is the mentality toward out of state PO's.
    -You can go either route but of course having the waiver done would be better. Our dept just hired a three laterals and after the 7 week transition class two are on the street and the other one has to finish that class first. It's only 136 hours.

-There are no shacks by the beach anymore. There is also too much information with that broad of a question. Live in the best place that you can afford is my opinion.

All the PD's you mentioned are hiring heavily from other local departments and some (Anaheim and HB) are getting close to reaching their limits. Apply now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11152 users online. 477 members and 10675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X