300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkagel
    Get your 20 and then move east and work some small town. You might buy some land out here now though.

I'd rather live in a $750K house a mile from the beach. Keeps the rif raf out. And I go to the beach everyday. And I hate Country music.

Comment

We have all kinds of music but no beach. After 8 1/2 years in the Navy though I don't care if I ever see water again

Originally posted by hbliam
      I'd rather live in a $750K house a mile from the beach. Keeps the rif raf out. And I go to the beach everyday. And I hate Country music.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Depends what beach. I've seen all kinds of rif raf at the beach. You're not exempt there.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
          Depends what beach. I've seen all kinds of rif raf at the beach. You're not exempt there.

My point was there are not alot of gangbangers buying 700K + houses. I've seen a unit respond to my neighborhood 3 times in 4 years.

Do we get alot of losers from the Inland Empire and elsewhere coming to our beach and causing problems? Sure. Does it bother me? No. I'm in the water and the locals always know where to surf, park, picnic, etc away from the rif raf.

Comment

Do we get alot of losers from the Inland Empire and elsewhere coming to our beach and causing problems? Sure. Does it bother me? No. I'm in the water and the locals always know where to surf, park, picnic, etc away from the rif raf.
            Coming to a "neighborhood near you"- if you don't have gates around it, low lifes show up ,no matter where.I was recently "disgusted" to have to sit a table over from some obvious Venice shoreline Crips in McCormick and Schmicks seafood restuarant-everbody else kept looking over at them and their behavior, but the place served them( "PC" attitude and fear of lawsuits I guess).But PKs living in TX, and there are a LOT of tawny middle class nieghborhoods popping up in the Dallas metro area-those places will be nice sanctuaries to live and raise kids for at least another 20 yrs before urban "issues" start to show up............But back to the issue at hand - if any of you posters are interested in getting on a Dept on the West coast, now is the TIME to apply and LAPD is calling loud and clear!
            Last edited by DOAcop38; 08-24-2006, 05:23 AM.
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
              Right there! Theres' grossly overpriced and trendy ,but dangerous GHETTO Venice Beach, followed by "Thug living" for a Million santa Monica , and even Long Beach ,Redondo Beach and Huntington Beach are NOT immune from hooligans,bums and dopers............
              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

LOL, I love Venice. It's like freak watch 101 down there!!! Then it's always fun to walk down to Muscle Beach and watch the 'roided up muscle heads walk around and play Hanz and Franz. Honestly, every SoCal rookie's FTO should drag him to Venice since every walk of life can be pointed out in 2 minutes on the boardwalk.

Originally posted by DOAcop38
                Theres' grossly overpriced and trendy ,but dangerous GHETTO Venice Beach,.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

My point was there are not alot of gangbangers buying 700K + houses. I've seen a unit respond to my neighborhood 3 times in 4 years.

I understand what you're saying, but there's alot of knuckleheads alot closer than Inland Empire hanging out at the beach. O.C. has plenty. Alot of NLR and other local thugs.

Comment

True that there are thugs hanging out in nearly every place these days but my experiance in Huntington is the same as it was 20 years ago. The thugs show up on the pier/main street because they think that's the place to be. Any local knows not to go down there in the summer because of the crowds/kooks. Come September we go back. HBPD also does a very good job of moving people along. HB is NOTHING like Venice, Redondo, or Long Beach.

Anyway the point of the post. I'd rather live here. My wife is from Fort Worth. I've been to Dallas and surrounding area's. Cheap houses aren't enough to get me to move there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10605 users online. 363 members and 10242 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X