300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkeley PD?

Anyone have any insight? pros, cons, standard forum question...

Ya mean Berzerkley? Tye dyed leftovers from the hippie days...Berkeley?
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2
      Ya mean Berzerkley? Tye dyed leftovers from the hippie days...Berkeley?
      yeah that place. i know about hippies i go to school at the other hppy central - santa cruz.

Comment

Go Banana Slugs!!!

Originally posted by leif
        yeah that place. i know about hippies i go to school at the other hppy central - santa cruz.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

2nd hand info on Berk. PD

I know a guy whos been with BPD for decades. I have also been on one ride-along which was really fun.

Pros: good pay, fair amount of action (although compared to Oakland, Richmond, etc. pretty slow), they say its a good group of guys, NICE new police station,

Cons: crazy population that almost universally thinks police are machines operated remotely by "the Man", Berkeley Cop Watch, the Alameda County DA, outmoded computer system, no Tasers, beanbags, pursuits, or K9s because theyre "too aggressive", instead of smiles and waves you'll be getting mostly apathetic glances or critical glares (but show me an urban city in the US other than in a red state where people like cops).

All that said about the negatives, you kinda have to expect it. After all it's Berkeley-the birthplace of the anti-establishment. Despite the liberal craziness, I've bee good police work is: going out and doing the right thing without expecting thanks, been here for 20 years and it is a pretty awesome place to be.
          Last edited by westcoast; 08-13-2006, 03:49 AM. Reason: elaboration and my spelling was horrific
          CBP Officer
          Written- Feb. 09
          Video-Based Test- Mar. 09
          Physical- Apr. 09
          Medical- May 09
          Medical Update- Jul. 09
          Background Investigation- Aug. 09
          Referred to Selection Unit- Sep. 09
          Confirmed Desire to be CBPO- Dec. 09
          Notified of New Physical- Feb. 10

Comment

and by the way GO ANTEATERS!!!! ZOT ZOT ZOT
            CBP Officer
            Written- Feb. 09
            Physical- Apr. 09
            Medical- May 09
            Medical Update- Jul. 09

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast
              and by the way GO ANTEATERS!!!! ZOT ZOT ZOT
              Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

the anteater is almost as bad of a mascot as the banana slug is...almost.

thanks for the info westcoast, i appreciate it.

Comment

Lief, if your not on my website yet you're doing yourself a diservice. I have all my academy notes and a lot of oral board stuff on there. The link is in my sigline.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

i am, thanks for setting it up.

Comment

gauchos has got to be the most obscure.......thats cuz all the kids at SB are wasted and making babies.

on topic: an update- talked to my source in BPD, they are talking about refitting the computer aided dispatch with a new program, no timetable though

forgot to mention- they have tons of special assignments like bike patrol, motors, hostage rescue team, etc. etc.
                      Last edited by westcoast; 08-13-2006, 05:05 AM.
                      CBP Officer
                      Written- Feb. 09
                      Physical- Apr. 09
                      Medical- May 09
                      Medical Update- Jul. 09

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast
                        gauchos has got to be the most obscure.......thats cuz all the kids at SB are wasted and making babies.
                        You would be talking about none other than UC STD, yes?

Go Mustangs!
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11526 users online. 436 members and 11090 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X