Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego CDPO

Hi everyone

I just got a Orientation date for Aug 16 for Correction Deputy Probation Officer here in San Diego. I was wondering if anybody has been to one and if so what should I expect and what kind of process they will be doing at the orientation.

Thanks

Originally posted by JaeDee555
    Hi everyone

I just got a Orientation date for Aug 16 for Correction Deputy Probation Officer here in San Diego. I was wondering if anybody has been to one and if so what should I expect and what kind of process they will be doing at the orientation.

Thanks
    Probation Officer here in Nor Cal. I work in our Adult Felon Unit (on the streets). I've never heard of a Correction Deputy Probation Officer. I'm guessing it's a position within the Juvenile Hall as a counselor/security? As I'm sure you know, Probation Departments run the Juvenile Detention Facilities in every county. The Sheriff's Office usually runs the jail. If it is a Juvenile Hall position, it's a great way to get started in Probation (if you ever want to become a Probation Officer on the streets). I worked as a Juvenile Hall counselor while completing my B.A. in college. It was a great experience and certainly helped me become a Probation Officer. Most Probation Officer positions in the state require a Bachelors Degree.

It sounds like your orientation will be a general overview of the position. They might have you take a test that weeds out the real whackos!! Trust me, there will be a few whackos!! Probably a general test giving you scenarios and how you would react. Later in the hiring process they might have you take a written psych exam and a medical. You shouldn't have to go through a complete law enforcement background investigation like you do for a Probation Officer position. You might have an oral board interview as well. Like I said, sounds like a great way to get your foot in the door of Probation/Law Enforcement work!

Maybe you'll end up heading down the Probation path? If so, you'll love it. We're fully sworn, full arrest powers, armed, plain clothes, and we get to play with our Sheriff's Office and local P.D. bros every day. We partner with them on several county task forces (NARC, etc.) It's a great job.

Good luck to you and be safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11120 users online. 485 members and 10635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X