300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles World Airport

I was browsing around the jobs and ran into a job for the Los Angeles World Airport. Are they affiliated with LAX at all? What's the difference if any? If anyone has any information on them or opinions, I would love to hear about it. It looked interesting enough (maybe boring to some). But the pay for what you probably have to deal with is nice compared to dealing with the *****bags in downtown LA being on the PD or SO.
    "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
    "Stinks like sex in here."

LAWA is affilated with LAX, Ontario, Van Nuys and Palmdale Regional Airport. They can be found on the web at LAWA.org

Comment

anything good or bad to say about the LAWA PD?

Comment

Everytime I've flown out of LAX I've seen a lot of LAWA officers around. Everyone that I have personally encountered has been professional and courteous.

I had the chance to talk with one of them briefly about the job and he seemed to very muche enjoy it.

They also seem to love running traffic enforcement on their motorcycles so if that's your thing....
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

They have motorcycle patrol? NICE! That would be a spot I would be very interested in. Sounds more and more like I should put my application in with them. Is the LAWA a good size department? Good people?

Comment

Get with DOAcop38. He works there......

Comment

All depends on what you want your law enforcment career to be.If you want a job thats considered 24/7 crime fighting? LAPD,LASD,LBPD( Long Beach) if you don't mind routine police work- handling business disturbances,taking crime rpts,doing patrol vehicle stops,, and handling a moderate amount of criminal activity-then come on over and apply for Airports PD.We sometimes do alot of "babysitting"- you'd be surprised what silliness so-called adults can come up with, but just like anywhere in L.A you will run into serious crime and criminals.we have approx 340 line officers and supvs and are looking to grow to 500 officers by late 2007, as well as at least 400 civilian support personnel.current pay is $57K to $78K/yr ($54K in the academy) with a max top step of $85K/yr (not including the OT$$$).and "NO" we don't ONLY patrol the airport terminals-we have a 12sq mile jurisdiction which covers most of Weschester and playa del rey,including the Pacific ocean jointly with LAPD.for more info( more or less) goto www.lawa.org/police/ or just PM me......
              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by NDubs55
                They have motorcycle patrol? NICE! That would be a spot I would be very interested in. Sounds more and more like I should put my application in with them. Is the LAWA a good size department? Good people?
                Yes and one of them scared the living daylights out of me once. Another car and myself were leaving the terminals. We came up side by side to a stop sign. I stopped, I don't believe the other driver did fully. I looked left before proceeding into the intersection and I noticed two motors sitting in a lot.

As we pulled away one of the motors whipped out with his lights going. I thought I was the one in trouble. Thankfully I wasn't.
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8443 users online. 244 members and 8199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X