Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want an entry level job in San Diego...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you all- get in where you "fit" in- I always say;doesn't matter if its OCSD,SDSO,LASD-they pay what they pay for their individual regions-its all about the future benefits from the job and what you "really" want to do.I have friends that are plumbers and truck drivers that make more$$$ than I do, but i like my job MORE than they like theirs!
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

How are they about out of state applicants?

Im from chicago and I threw some info out for SDSD and LASD. Im currently a C/O, do they give you an edge up as far as hiring for being in the proffession already?

Are you able to move from the jail to the road eventually if you want to? I know some departments arent good about that. I know they would have to send yo back through the training but do they even allow it? I know the Law Enforcement Deputies are able to go to the jails, but can the jails go to the Road?

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D

Im from chicago and I threw some info out for SDSD and LASD. Im currently a C/O, do they give you an edge up as far as hiring for being in the proffession already?

Are you able to move from the jail to the road eventually if you want to? I know some departments arent good about that. I know they would have to send yo back through the training but do they even allow it? I know the Law Enforcement Deputies are able to go to the jails, but can the jails go to the Road?
        I know SDSO is actively recruiting patrol laterals, not sure about jail, but they are definately looking for both.

And yes, you can move from jails to patrol with SDSO.

http://www.joinsdsheriff.net/
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D

Everyone here is hiring if you are qualified. You won't need the edge there are some many openings in big agencies. If you go SDSO corrections/courts you have to do the whole regular academy (26 weeks) to go to patrol. Their recruits in the regular academy go to the courts right now, with no jail time. LASO hires fully sworn only and that's why it takes forever to get to patrol compared to SDSO. SDSO pays dirt right now though. Their guys in the academy are paid less than everyone else. The vast majority of agencies in CA won't give you any POST credit or more pay for out of state police work. A few will. Riverside PD will pay you more, but you still have to do the full academy.
          Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12440 users online. 457 members and 11983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X