300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOOO close

Damn, I was so close. Academy starts Sept 5th...background was completed and submitted for approval....I apparently, was slotted for the last position available...they decide to go with a lateral.

Who could blame them? I would've chosen a lateral over myself. Laterals are applying like crazy to get in. Have to go through the process again. Had I applied in Jan instead of March, I would've been in. Timing is everything in life.

Well..I'll start the process over again with a different agency. Gotta follow the dream.

If you were that close couldn't you just go to the next academy?
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

No, I didn't mean the last spot for the Academy, I meant the last available opening in the department. My BI told me they were getting slammed with so many lateral applicants, the department isn't going to look at any entry level candidates for a very long time. He said the average lateral applicant had 10 years experience.

At the time of my testing they had 16 available positions. They had 2 in the academy, and 14 in backgrounds. If my backgrounds were finished early enough I would've gotten in. They had a testing cycle in June and had a lot of lateral applicants. It was just bad timing. I was the last background to be finished.

Such is life. I have found that you really do have to be in the right place at the right time. At least I know my backgrounds are ok.

pkagel...do you know if its a faster background process the second time around? My 2nd BI should be able to get a lot of info from my first BI, shoudn't he? I hope so.

At least this will give me time to get in better shape. pkagel..your workout files are the best. You should move the group to your own website. Could be a lot of extra income for yourself.
      Last edited by UScanuck; 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM.

Comment

apply for another LOCAL Dept,let that B.I. unit know what happened and see if your current B.I. officer will write a letter of recommendation( never hurts to be polite and ask sincerely)
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

More than likely it will make the 2nd BI's job a lot easier but he'll still go out and verify information for himself. Ya just never know how long the BI will take.

Originally posted by UScanuck

pkagel...do you know if its a faster background process the second time around? My 2nd BI should be able to get a lot of info from my first BI, shoudn't he? I hope so.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
            apply for another LOCAL Dept,let that B.I. unit know what happened and see if your current B.I. officer will write a letter of recommendation( never hurts to be polite and ask sincerely)

My BI told me that he would definitely give me a good reference when the next BI gives him a call. Do you think I should ask for a letter also?

He advised to only apply to one or two agencies at a time because more then that and I would come off as desparate for ANY job. Even though I am desparate this makes sense, doesn't it?

Any suggestions on possible agencies? I want to apply to Downey....wondering if it might be easier with a bigger agency like Anaheim or Santa Ana.

LAPD is a no and LASD won't take me.

Comment

Question, why is LAPD a No. And LASD will not take you?

Comment

Originally posted by UScanuck
                Damn, I was so close. Academy starts Sept 5th...background was completed and submitted for approval....I apparently, was slotted for the last position available...they decide to go with a lateral.

Who could blame them? I would've chosen a lateral over myself. Laterals are applying like crazy to get in. Have to go through the process again. Had I applied in Jan instead of March, I would've been in. Timing is everything in life.

Well..I'll start the process over again with a different agency. Gotta follow the dream.
                what police department was this for ?

Comment

i think costa mesa pd

Comment

LAPD pays too little, too many restrictions on officers, federal decree..list goes on.

LASD, I admitted doing something when I was 15 years old (over 20 years ago). I did it one time, am very sorry for it, it was stupid....nobody would've ever found out about it, but I admitted to it anyway in the interest of honesty, maintaining my itegrity, and not getting caught on the poly. They said I couldn't continue in the process, so I withdrew.

Different departments have different policies and LASD said no because of the incident. So before I applied to the agency in question I made sure it wouldn't be an issue with them.

Agency in question is a very large OC beach city.

Comment

Wow man, that bites. Getting the yeah yeah yeah your in treatment and then boom.

Your right though, can't blame them to take a lateral. Saves them a ton of money.

Shoot, after all that, I would think that the Department owes you a good reccomendation.
                      "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10118 users online. 462 members and 9656 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X