300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contra Costa Sheriff Dept - Background process

I'm currently in the process with CCSO. I did my poly exam 2 weeks ago but have not heard back. Would it be ok to call the recruiter's office and try to get an update or should I just be patient?

Also, what can I expect from the psyche exam.

Thanks in advance.

It's okay to call the recruiter. That's what their job is. I doubt he'll be able to tell you anything new, however. CCCSO is moving quickly on BIs, so you should find out quickly. As soon as your results are in, they'll let you know. Good luck and make sure you're in good shape for the academy, cause once you get into the process, it's going to move very quickly.

Comment

You can expect hours of bordem from the written psych exam. The oral psych depends on who is giving it.

For academy notes go to the link in my sig line.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

BearCrawl, do you know if they notifiy applicants about the poly results even if it's not favorable?

Thanks.

Comment

If they put you on an eligibility list, it probably means you didn't pass the poly. CCCSO is really trying to hire a good number of Deputies. That means, an eligibility list is really just a nice way of turning you down. Anyone who they genuinely consider "eligible" is going to be given an offer. Really, they're doing the applicant a favor; by not telling the applicant that they've failed the poly, the applicant can't admit to failing a poly in future applications.

The downside, of course, is the applicant is left holding their breath.

On the other side, CCCSO may really have a delay in getting their results, just because they are processing so many applicants right now.

You should have a good idea if you passed or not. If you know that there was nothing you were dishonest about, I'd assume you're still in the process.

Also, the psyche exam for CCCSO is not done by the same person who handles most of the exams for the other agencies in Contra Costa County. You will feel like you're crazy by the end of the multiple choice questions. However, the interviews tend to be quick an low-key.

The whole process for CCCSO is very quick and friendly compared to other agencies I'm familiar with. I think their overall idea is to give you an offer before any other agency. This is why the only part of the hiring process they contract out is the psyche eval. The rest they complete themselves, very efficiently.

Comment

+1 for the quick process, i had to withdraw because it was going too quick and i wouldn't have graduated yet, i assumed it would take 6 months, not like 2 months.

Comment

I think I failed the poly - what's next?

3 weeks ago, I took the poly exam with Contra Costa Sheriff. I finally received a letter from them saying they're not moving forward with an employement offer and that I'll be on the eligibilty list. I guess that indicates I didn't pass the poly or pre-background questions?

This is truly disappointing given the fact that I've no convictions of any kind, served 6 yrs in the Marine Reserves with honorable discharge (rank E-5), have 2 Associates Degree (Admin. of Justice and Computer Science), clean DMV record, never been fired from a job (current job 6.5 yrs now), etc...etc...

I understand that getting accepted by an agency takes more than what I just mentioned above. However, I thought all these factors would help greatly with my application but apparently, they've judge me for something else.

Anyone know if this will affect my chances with other departments? I'm considering OPD now and I'm scheduled to take the written test on Aug 5th. The entire process is exhausting and I'm somewhat discourged after getting the results from CCSO.

I'm currently working as a Software QA Egineer and willing to take a significant salary adjustment just to be in law enforcment. I really want to be an officer/deputy but now I need to find a way to regain my confidence.
              Last edited by jcam1051; 07-27-2006, 05:05 PM. Reason: corrected sentence

Comment

don't sweat it. really. different agencies have different "profiles" they're looking for, for their "ideal" candidate. Each agency is different. Keep going. OPD shoulld be fun. Good luck. You're in Hercules? All the agencies around you are hiring, Concord, Antioch, Richmond, SF, Hayward, San Leandro, Milpitas, Fremont (larger sized agencies).... keep plugging away. good luck.

Originally posted by jcam1051
                3 weeks ago, I took the poly exam with Contra Costa Sheriff. I finally received a letter from them saying they're not moving forward with an employement offer and that I'll be on the eligibilty list. I guess that indicates I didn't pass the poly or pre-background questions?

This is truly disappointing given the fact that I've no convictions of any kind, served 6 yrs in the Marine Reserves with honorable discharge (rank E-5), have 2 Associates Degree (Admin. of Justice and Computer Science), clean DMV record, never been fired from a job (current job 6.5 yrs now), etc...etc...

I understand that getting accepted by an agency takes more than what I just mentioned above. However, I thought all these factors would help greatly with my application but apparently, they've judge me for something else.

Anyone know if this will affect my chances with other departments? I'm considering OPD now and I'm scheduled to take the written test on Aug 5th. The entire process is exhausting and I'm somewhat discourged after getting the results from CCSO.

I'm currently working as a Software QA Egineer and willing to take a significant salary adjustment just to be in law enforcment. I really want to be an officer/deputy but now I need to find a way to regain my confidence.
                ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                -- John Wayne

Comment

SgtTom is dead on. CCCSO has passed on several great applicants, who I thought were sure hires. Apparently the SO, thought differently. However, they got picked up in the by PDs in the same county and are having a great time. There's no way to tell why CCCSO didn't pick you up. However, it not going to look bad on future application processes unless you fail to mention you prior application with CCCSO. Good luck.

Antioch is also hiring. Good pay, excellent benefits, and a lot of activity in that city.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12038 users online. 434 members and 11604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X