Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAPD testing in Chicago.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LAPD testing in Chicago.

    Here's a question for any LAPD officer who may know: I just saw tonight that the LAPD will be testing in Chicago later this month. Will this just be the written test or what? I've always wanted to apply with the LAPD, but just thought it was too far away. Now, I see that I can take a test when it's only 5 hours away, I got a pit in my stomach.

    Also, for anyone of you who have been through the LAPD process, I know it's long and drawn out, for some, what does the physical agility test consist of? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

    * "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

    * Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

  • #2
    LAPD Testing

    I live in Chicago...they will be giving the wriiten and essay portion of the test then you will have to call and schedule a date for the other potions of the test. I went to cali for the essay, pat, poly, oral, and written psy portions of the test. It is a very long process. But they were very nice to me and helpful. I would definetly recommend taking the test.

    Travel Light

    Comment


    • #3
      So are you still in the process or no? Also, what does the PAT consist of? I've heard it, along with the written test, was easy. Travel light, huh? Hmmmm, is there a hidden message in that? lol.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

      * "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

      * Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

      Comment


      • #4
        just read up on the testing process from the website joinlapd.com. I see we share some similarities...Also USMC Vet oooorah!!

        Comment


        • #5
          yea, i wanted to test but i cant get online to fill out the PBA and JPQ. i tried couple of libraries and nothing, tried over 30 times at home and still nothing. Anybody else having problems with the online part. They say you have to bring those with you to the testing site.

          every time i get past the name, SS#, DOB, an error pops up saying that i have to contact the administrator. the part that sucks is i have to be downton in less then 5 hours and i have no idea what to do.
          Last edited by Kuczus; 07-20-2006, 07:59 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I took the test on tuesday . it's 50 multiple choice ?'s and 3 essay ?'s . they were expecting 150 people and only 35 showed up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Machito
              I took the test on tuesday . it's 50 multiple choice ?'s and 3 essay ?'s . they were expecting 150 people and only 35 showed up.
              im testing this saturday

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kuczus
                yea, i wanted to test but i cant get online to fill out the PBA and JPQ. i tried couple of libraries and nothing, tried over 30 times at home and still nothing. Anybody else having problems with the online part. They say you have to bring those with you to the testing site.

                every time i get past the name, SS#, DOB, an error pops up saying that i have to contact the administrator. the part that sucks is i have to be downton in less then 5 hours and i have no idea what to do.
                If you didnt test already go do it. You can fill out the same PBA / JPQ thing at the test. I tested on tuesday and there were several people who did not bring them in. There was even a few people that just showed up without registering for the exam. I believe they are testing until the 22nd so just go do it!
                IMPD PROCESS 6 (5 GROUP B)

                Written Test - 04/11/2008 - PASS

                Initial Physical Test - 5/9/2008 - PASS

                Oral Interview - 5/22/2008 - PENDING

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lapd

                  I just got my call from the BI...he will be conducting a phone interview on Monday 24th. So far so good!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hart21
                    im testing this saturday
                    good luck..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kuczus
                      yea, i wanted to test but i cant get online to fill out the PBA and JPQ. i tried couple of libraries and nothing, tried over 30 times at home and still nothing. Anybody else having problems with the online part. They say you have to bring those with you to the testing site.

                      every time i get past the name, SS#, DOB, an error pops up saying that i have to contact the administrator. the part that sucks is i have to be downton in less then 5 hours and i have no idea what to do.
                      I have a question about the PBA. I took it and I must have clicked on a wrong answer when it came to bills. As I got a warning say that before my Background check I need to correct this problem. Well I ran off a copy of my credit report which shows I have no money issues should I bring this Saturday?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hart21
                        I have a question about the PBA. I took it and I must have clicked on a wrong answer when it came to bills. As I got a warning say that before my Background check I need to correct this problem. Well I ran off a copy of my credit report which shows I have no money issues should I bring this Saturday?
                        if you were unsucessful by computer . they will have hard copy PBA forms available to fill out before the test.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          still curious- why take the LAPD exam and leave your home town? Is it that hard to get on to Chicago PD? Are you sick of the weather or living conditions? Have you ever really been to L.A.( i.e. more than a week?)Good luck to you as we need as many officers here as we can get but don't be fooled by Hype or advertisements-L.A. isn't as golden as you might think-street violence and crime here is crushingly sad and rampant,but if you are young and willing to give up certain things,you might just adapt........
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            power

                            Originally posted by DOAcop38
                            still curious- why take the LAPD exam and leave your home town? Is it that hard to get on to Chicago PD? Are you sick of the weather or living conditions? Have you ever really been to L.A.( i.e. more than a week?)Good luck to you as we need as many officers here as we can get but don't be fooled by Hype or advertisements-L.A. isn't as golden as you might think-street violence and crime here is crushingly sad and rampant,but if you are young and willing to give up certain things,you might just adapt........
                            One reason why you might find people testing for LAPD is that Chicago along with most other LE agencies in Illinois require at least 60 college credits hours to apply.
                            It would have been a DREEAAAM to work for CPD if i was still living there. I have the college but got used to the weather here in SOCAL.
                            Also ILLINOIS's PAT test is called the POWER TEST and is a LOT harder than that of LAPD's PAT.
                            Last edited by cspy26; 07-22-2006, 12:43 AM. Reason: oh and

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cspy26
                              One reason why you might find people testing for LAPD is that Chicago along with most other LE agencies in Illinois require at least 60 college credits hours to apply.
                              It would have been a DREEAAAM to work for CPD if i was still living there. I have the college but got used to the weather here in SOCAL.
                              Also ILLINOIS's PAT test is called the POWER TEST and is a LOT harder than that of LAPD's PAT.
                              OMG! YOU MEAN THAt THERE ARE POLICE DEPTS WITH "HIGHER STANDARDS" THAN LAPD?????????? PREPARE for the foundations of the POLICE WORLD to shake asunder !!!!!! P.S. tell the Vice Lords ,spanish Lords, and Mickey cobras they can also apply as well as their drug using customers-as long as they are "honest" about what they did, and you'll get 36 college credits too after you complete the academy!(look ma! Back home I was a drug dealing,gangbanging ,dope smoking POS,but I moved to L.A. ,got a job ,carry a gun and badge, and even an "edumackation" Thanks to Big daddy Bratton and the consent decree LAPD! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!) Well at least we still have the LA county Sheriffs when the NEXT generation of Rafael Perezs' get locked up at Wayside or Bauchet st...........................
                              Last edited by DOAcop38; 07-22-2006, 01:57 AM.
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11131 users online. 434 members and 10697 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X