Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs In California

Lists of public agencies currently hiring in California. www.calopps.org

I came across this website while reading my PORAC magazine.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

"tell'em" about the badge and gun thing AFTER they're hired!

Sad and funny- went EOW @ 0630 hrs and heard a local radio station ,KPWR , running an advertisement for my dept-Yeeesh ! "let your career take off with L.A.Airports PD". ! then on the FWy another hip hop city of L.A. commercial for the "elite few" who "protect and serve- the LAPD". at home and sitting on the couch ,watching the TNT channel when local commercials chime in for ( inless than 30 mins) 3 seperate commercials for L.A. county Sheriffs ( "making a difference" ), CA. highway Patrol, and locally, the Torrance,CA PD- really hip,action packed ! Has it gotten that deseperate?what are recruiters going to do next- kidnap local College kids ? "shanghai" military personnel walking off the bases?round up folks at the local immigration office or seaports?I refuse to believe that there are that many "jacked up" people in CA. who cannot meet the requirements or just plain don't want the job!..........
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

If you are looking for California jobs, here are some additional websites:

http://www.cpcachiefs.org/chiefs/jobs.html

http://www.cpoa.org/jobopportunities.htm

http://www.post.ca.gov/jobops/jobopslist.asp

http://www.porac.org/employment.html
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Recruits don't have the military background or life experiences anymore, and the youth don't have much respect for authority; it seems to be a generational thing. Streets have certainly gotten more violent and stupid personnel complaints are up. The job doesn't have the glory it once had.
        Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
        Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

I guess the CHP is still hurting for good applicants. I noticed they are starting to add "Now Hiring" bumper stickers to the units around here.

Now seems to be a great time to be an LE applicant in CA.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Cost of living, and the boom in Nevada and Arizona play a part as well. Agencies from both states actively recruit down here.

http://www.joinsdsheriff.net/

**shameless plug**
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Just because they are hurting doesnt mean its easy to get in. I applied for LBPD during the last process, passed everything(poly, background, etc). I didnt get selected because I have a couple tickets and no college or military. They were putting banners and billboards up but they only took 84 people out of the 1800 that applied. My background officer said I have to apply again and take a couple classes. I think they are advertising like this so they can be more picky in selection. Of course if I had applied to LAPD or LAUSD I would have prob got in because of the huge number of applicants......

Comment

I just got asked to interview with OCSD. Does anyone know anything about them?
                "If everyone had the right priorities in life there would always be a shortage of fishing poles."
                Mark Twain upon being questioned on the meaning of life

God bless all those that went thru hell in the dark corners of the world and died in secret to defend our freedom- DE OPPRESSO LIBER 1st SF GROUP

Comment

Originally posted by greenberet3382
                  I just got asked to interview with OCSD. Does anyone know anything about them?

They have one of the toughest academies in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05
                    They have one of the toughest academies in the area.
                    And all that for a lot of time in the jails. Last I heard was 6-8 years before getting to hit patrol.
                    Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

dang that sucks. I wont reply to them.
                      "If everyone had the right priorities in life there would always be a shortage of fishing poles."

God bless all those that went thru hell in the dark corners of the world and died in secret to defend our freedom- DE OPPRESSO LIBER 1st SF GROUP

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared
                        Cost of living, and the boom in Nevada and Arizona play a part as well. Agencies from both states actively recruit down here.

http://www.joinsdsheriff.net/

**shameless plug**
                        I think that community housing for Sheriffs is a brilliant idea!
                        LAPD

Comment

Originally posted by greenberet3382
                          dang that sucks. I wont reply to them.
                          Are you out of your MIND?? you better reply! OCSD is a good Dept,god pay too! LASD is as tough in their academy too- if you got the offer you take it!!!
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

With OCSD I just was asked about starting the process. But i really dont want to spend 5 years or more as a jail guard. Besides i cant afford to do more traveling.

Comment

A bit off topic, but ..........

Originally posted by 1oldsarge
                              Streets have certainly gotten more violent and stupid personnel complaints are up. The job doesn't have the glory it once had.
                              Not sure exactly how old 1oldsarge is, but I'm a pretty "old sarge" too (cop for 30 years, Sgt for 21), and I gotta tell ya, as far as South Central L.A. goes, it is NOT a more violent place now than it was, say about 20 - 25 years ago. Places like Lennox, Carson, Firestone, Lynwood, Compton (all in or near what is loosely referred to as South Central Los Angeles) ........ while still plenty "busy" enough to keep the adrenaline up, still enough crime for the adventurous cops who tend to migrate to those places to ply their trade ...... but these formerly extremely busy, very high crime (and violent crime) areas do seem to be, overall, noticeably quieter now in terms of violent crime than they were a quarter century ago.

But, yes, stupid personnel complaints ARE way up. Not sure about "glory", never personally looked at it that way myself ......... but it sure has been a lot of fun and excitement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4199 users online. 198 members and 4001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X