300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North San Diego County

Anyone have any experience with or comments on working for North San Diego County area PDs (ie Oceanside, Calrsbad, Escondido, etc...)?

Thanks,
    Shawn

I live in the area and I originally tried getting hired by those agencies a while ago. Also went to the academy with some guys from Oceanside and Escondido.

Escondido - take home rides, getting a new station, top three in pay in the county, large hispanic population, has a lot of specialty assignments for a smaller department, pretty good reputation, just hired a lot of laterals lately

Oceanside - third largest city and PD in the county, used to be the worst paid in the county now in the top three (base pay is number one I believe as of January), samoan/black/hispanic gang problems, PD seems to have the support of the mayor/council (mayor is former PD),lot of ex-military in the PD, had a hard time retaining officers because of the pay issues (should not be an issue now though), had some recent discrimination lawsuits at the PD but a lot of good people working there

Thats it off the top of my head......

Comment

Escondido just opened up a recruitement for entry level officers!

http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/depts/...po-trainee.pdf

It's one of the most highly regarded departments around.

Comment

Don't overlook the SD Sheriff and the Chula Vista PD. Also, SD Harbor Police. I know they're not North County, but good agencies with excellent pay and all the OT you can handle.
        If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Originally posted by m_chevy
          Don't overlook the SD Sheriff and the Chula Vista PD. Also, SD Harbor Police. I know they're not North County, but good agencies with excellent pay and all the OT you can handle.
          Harbor has a lot of OT? Is it all airport OT?
          Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Oceanside is a good dept I know a few guys who work there. Escondido is a really good dept but they are very picky on who they hire. My friend was a Background investigator there and now works traffic division.

Comment

Oh and Carlsbad is good if you want to scratch tickets all day...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4137 users online. 202 members and 3935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X