300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop 215 is a joke...

Probation Officer here in Nor Cal. Just wanted to see if Prop 215 is getting as out of hand in other areas as it is here. I'm all for the medicinal use of marijuana for those that are dealing with a painful, terminal illness...but man, our Probationers (a.k.a. Dirtbags) are loving it. We've got fly-by-night "doctors" giving out cards for migranes..."chronic back pain"...and my favorite, "anger mangement" (yeah, no sh..t it calms you down). Hell, I could use a card at times!! It's ridiculous.

We (Probation/Sheriff's Office NARC Task Force) conducted a search back in September. Dirtbag had an indoor hydroponic grow yielding about 300 plants. His explanation was brilliant as he was going 10-15..."It's for personal use, I'll show you my card". Ummmm...that's 6 plants...not 300. Classic.

Any fellow LEO's seeing the same thing???

Well ditto down here. LIke WE didn't know this was going to happen. Personally, I say let drugs be used legally. Then cut off all rehab program monies, all support groups, no Gov paid anything. Up the laws for crimes committed while on drugs. Make HIGH mandatory sentences and let them rot in jail.

Dirtbags. The hell with them .... but that's just MY OPINION.

Comment

Originally posted by CarCop
      Well ditto down here. LIke WE didn't know this was going to happen. Personally, I say let drugs be used legally. Then cut off all rehab program monies, all support groups, no Gov paid anything. Up the laws for crimes committed while on drugs. Make HIGH mandatory sentences and let them rot in jail.

Dirtbags. The hell with them .... but that's just MY OPINION.
      Well said. I agree. Hell, our current system is neither rehabilitating or detering. Currently, our felons on Probation can violate two or three times before a CDC commitment is even considered. Prop. 36 is a joke as well. Our felons can violate with 11550's three to four times before they are booted from the Prop. 36 program. Seems like half of them smoke the glass pipe right after their rehab program (or during I've heard). And, hey, they then get ANOTHER chance on my straight felon caseload. Truly amazing.

Oh well. Maybe in time. Be safe out there brother.

Comment

My dirtbag neighbor has been growing two to three hundred plants per season since the law went into effect. I called him in last year and some deputy friends of mine came out and pulled all two hundred and six of his plants. The deputies got in the grease and almost got time off over it.

This year I went to the task force and they came out and did a walk through and told me later that he is "within the law" and "there is nothing they can do".

I am retired, but remember well the day when a usable amount of MJ would get you booked.

I guess everyone is happy now.

Comment

Originally posted by 8656
          My dirtbag neighbor has been growing two to three hundred plants per season since the law went into effect. I called him in last year and some deputy friends of mine came out and pulled all two hundred and six of his plants. The deputies got in the grease and almost got time off over it.

This year I went to the task force and they came out and did a walk through and told me later that he is "within the law" and "there is nothing they can do".

I am retired, but remember well the day when a usable amount of MJ would get you booked.

I guess everyone is happy now.
          Yep, it's ridiculous. Our county allows six mature plants and no more than an ounce processed on hand. Again, if someone is in extreme pain due to a terminal illness...I'm all for it. However, as we all knew, our dirtbags are working every angle possible. Hell, why not legalize small production meth labs?? Personal use only of course!!

Only in California!! We truly are whacked!!

Comment

So.Cal? We follow the LAPD(who could care less about "civil " rights anyway) and book the bastards- let the city Atty or L.A. Co D.A. reject the case or prop 36 it later- the fools get their dope taken ( and destroyed) and they get the hassle of sitting in "stir" eating sh*tty food........
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

[QUOTE=DOAcop38]So.Cal? We follow the LAPD(who could care less about "civil " rights anyway) and book the bastards- let the city Atty or L.A. Co D.A. reject the case or prop 36 it later- the fools get their dope taken ( and destroyed) and they get the hassle of sitting in "stir" eating sh*tty food........[/QUOTE

Beautiful approach...I like it! We try to do the same up here. We hook on just about all Probation searches. We know that the dirtbag will be given ANOTHER chance on Prop 36...or ANOTHER grant of probation. But, you're right...dirtbag goes 10-15...his dope is gone...his weekend is ruined...and in our county, felony VOP's are no bail!! They hate that!! Nothing worse than booking in the morning...and then seeing the dirtbag at the local dump bar in the afternoon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11631 users online. 439 members and 11192 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X