300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sfpd

I'm in the process of applying with San Francisco. I am an out-of-state applicant. I was told that I could not combine the written and physical testing into one trip but I am not clear on how much of the rest of it I could combine. Oral interviews are sometime in April and I know that after that successful applicants go on to the usual background/medical/poly. Anyone know how many trips that might all take?

Let's assume I am successful at the interview, could I likely arrange to meet with the investigator within a day or two and also have a medical exam? Can some/most/all of the contact with an investigator be done on the phone or in writing? (excluding the poly of course) If these things are possible, I want to be able to make my case to the Exams unit clearly.

I don't have any problem with going out there several times if thats what it takes, but would really prefer to limit it to 3-4 trips ... plus a final move I hope

Thanks for any information (and hey, any other SFPD hiring info would be greatly appreciated)

I too am applying to SFPD, so good luck to us both! Fortunately I didn't have to take the written since I jsut took it for Oakland.

Anyways, your questions would be best answered by the SFPD background unit. Since your situation is relatively unique, they may be the best/only source for reliable infiormation about what you can do to ease the burden of travel.

So give them a call and have fun in the process.

Comment

hey there I have just finished all parts of the process and it has been a total of 13 months. I made 8 seperate trips which were 1)written 2) physical 3)oral interview 4)interview with BI 5) polygraph 6)medical exam 7) written psychological exam 8) interview with psychologist. Every part I did once it was actually scheduled was once a month. There were times where I did not hear anything for a month and the longest waiting period is after you finish the oral interview. For myself it was 4 months before the BI scheduled a meeting with him.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I emailed with the exam unit chief and he said while they do not have an expedited "out-of-state" processing like some other depts. they are apparently trying to combine steps together for everyone, locals included. So now orals and the first paperwork/questionaires for psych and background are being done in something like 2 days.

to edmo-- do you mind if along the way I might PM you a question or two? You're one of the few people I've seen who has recently gone through the whole process.

Comment

we're still backwards when it comes to recruitment.....

no expedited process...... any time soon

good luck
          ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
          -- John Wayne

Comment

sorry so long faith, Hey anytime you have a question just message me. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9755 users online. 453 members and 9302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X