Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with San Diego Dept. of Probation?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with San Diego Dept. of Probation?

I just started the process for CDPO I and (I know this will sound funny) was wondering what the heck a Correctional DPO does? The only information I can find is kind of vague.

Also, the last part of the written test seemed to presuppose a certain basic level of specific knowledge. I remember one question... "Starting a question to a client with the word "Why..." could be interpreted by the client as:" and gave four options, all of which could be possible interpretations. Huh??? How the heck would I be able to pick one, without some kind of primer or something?

I'm also wondering how long it would be for me to get the results of the written test and know if I'll be able to proceed.

Originally posted by jnojr
    I just started the process for CDPO I and (I know this will sound funny) was wondering what the heck a Correctional DPO does? The only information I can find is kind of vague.

Also, the last part of the written test seemed to presuppose a certain basic level of specific knowledge. I remember one question... "Starting a question to a client with the word "Why..." could be interpreted by the client as:" and gave four options, all of which could be possible interpretations. Huh??? How the heck would I be able to pick one, without some kind of primer or something?

I'm also wondering how long it would be for me to get the results of the written test and know if I'll be able to proceed.
    Hello,

I'm a Deputy Probation Officer here in Northern California. I've never heard of a Correctional Probation Officer. County Probation Departments in California are their own entity. We certainly have Correctional Officers in our county jail (our Deputies don't start in the jail here...all jail staff are Correctional Officers). However, I've never heard of a Correctional Probation Officer. Did you apply with CDC (California Department of Corrections)? Did you apply at a County Jail for a Corrections position (with your local S.O.)?

We're an armed department that works daily with our Sheriff's Office and local PD's (we have full arrest powers). We are assigned to various task forces with our fellow S.O. and PD brothers as well (NARC, Domestic Violence, Gang, etc.) Our primary role is to keep the community safe by "supervising" our felons on probation. We work very closely with our S.O. Deputies and PD Officers. It's a great relationship. They provide us with great, after-hours intel on our felons...and we regularly conduct searches and high risk warrant executions with them. They lick their chops when they find out a subject "a.k.a dirtbag" is on felony probation with full search and seizure!!

Hope that helps you out...probably not...sorry. Heck, let me know if you do find out what a Correctional Probation Officer is...I'm curious. Be safe wherever you end up...on the streets or in a facility!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdlong
      Hello,

I'm a Deputy Probation Officer here in Northern California. I've never heard of a Correctional Probation Officer. County Probation Departments in California are their own entity. We certainly have Correctional Officers in our county jail (our Deputies don't start in the jail here...all jail staff are Correctional Officers). However, I've never heard of a Correctional Probation Officer. Did you apply with CDC (California Department of Corrections)? Did you apply at a County Jail for a Corrections position (with your local S.O.)?

We're an armed department that works daily with our Sheriff's Office and local PD's (we have full arrest powers). We are assigned to various task forces with our fellow S.O. and PD brothers as well (NARC, Domestic Violence, Gang, etc.) Our primary role is to keep the community safe by "supervising" our felons on probation. We work very closely with our S.O. Deputies and PD Officers. It's a great relationship. They provide us with great, after-hours intel on our felons...and we regularly conduct searches and high risk warrant executions with them. They lick their chops when they find out a subject "a.k.a dirtbag" is on felony probation with full search and seizure!!

Hope that helps you out...probably not...sorry. Heck, let me know if you do find out what a Correctional Probation Officer is...I'm curious. Be safe wherever you end up...on the streets or in a facility!!

I think the probation correction officers are the babysitters at juvie hall. Atleast In San Diego and San Bernardino counties that's the case. Probation is responsible for the custody of minors while SO handles the adults down here. Probally a good stepping stone. SDSO correctional/court dep is probally a better slot if that's your gig thou.
      Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Originally posted by nobody33
        I think the probation correction officers are the babysitters at juvie hall. Atleast In San Diego and San Bernardino counties that's the case. Probation is responsible for the custody of minors while SO handles the adults down here. Probally a good stepping stone. SDSO correctional/court dep is probally a better slot if that's your gig thou.
        Yeah, I found out that's exactly the case... CDPOs are unarmed and work inside juvie facilities mostly. There is a "Transportation Unit" that I assume drives buses full of juvies around, and a "Home Supervision Unit" that check in on juvies not in facilities. Those guys are armed, from what I'm told.

I went through the process for Correctional Deputy but the headshrinker didn't recommend me. Dunno why, but it'll be six months before I can try again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11037 users online. 371 members and 10666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X