300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First CHP Assignment?

Do the majority of the new CHP troopers work out of the L.A. area?

From what I've been hearing from friends is that they need a lot of guys in the Bay area.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

back in the day - 10 / 20 years ago, you had to do at least one year in the LA area... before transfering out to another duty location.

as of the past 5 - 8 years, you pretty much have it good. most Bay area stations assignments are in the San Jose, Alameda County areas first.. Contra Costa County / San Mateo counties second....

3% at 50.
      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
      -- John Wayne

Comment

Go to www.chpforums.com for more great info about the department. You can get a lot of your questions answered there...

Comment

Nowadays the classes seem to get split between the Bay area and LA areas. There are always the occasional one here, two there, but the bulk end up in the metro areas.

Comment

They are called Officers correct not Troopers. Thanks

Comment

Yes, they are CHP Officers, not troopers like in most states.

Originally posted by Lambor66
              They are called Officers correct not Troopers. Thanks
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

CHP question .....

I believe that once upon a time, CHP Officers were officially actually "State Traffic Officers" and their badge said that right on it. Is that still true?

Comment

Originally posted by msw
                  I believe that once upon a time, CHP Officers were officially actually "State Traffic Officers" and their badge said that right on it. Is that still true?
                  I think they were Traffic Officers, while the term "State Traffic Officer" was given to the first female officers under a pilot program. According to an Old edition to Zenith 12000 (department mag).
                  Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Here ya go, off of their web site.

Comment

its just "Officer" now due to us absorbing the state police in 1994. we have such a wide range of responsibilities now that while we are the prmier traffic law enforcement agency in the state, we do so much more non-traffic activities now that calling us traffic officers doesnt fit anymore...

call me a trooper if you want. i dont mind, lots of others don't either. i think it sounds kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by nobody33
                        I think they were Traffic Officers, while the term "State Traffic Officer" was given to the first female officers under a pilot program. According to an Old edition to Zenith 12000 (department mag).
                        I wonder if a telephone operator would know what the hell you were talking about if you called up and asked for Zenith 12000? That is what you use to have to ask for to get the CHP. I remember reading that in the fron fo the phone book when I was kid.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4424 users online. 229 members and 4195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X