300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE exemption for 12275-12278?

When the "assault weapon" ban was first passed, I remember there was a laf-assed exemption for LEOs that then went away.

Has anyone proposed adding a blanket exemption to these codes for LEOs, like most all of California's other silly gun laws? If not, I say we write our reps and ask 'em to add one... it would be tough for the liberals to shoot down.

I'm down to the wire with the San Diego County Sheriffs Department... I should hear literally any day now! It's be great if I could parlay that into a FAL, G3, AR-15, etc.

I don't see the need for individual officers to be able to purchase a variety of automatic weapons. Just being an LEO should not be enough to warrant ownership. I believe its something that should be maintained by the individual department, and only under strict scrutiny. I wouldnt want all my officers having em, and I sure wouldnt want a variety in the workplace. And im sure someone has proposed it, and im equally sure that someone has voted against it. I think a more interesting gun topic is SF and its new law. -Ryan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9777 users online. 352 members and 9425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X