300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for any CHP Officer-ASAP

I recieved my letter from the CHP informing me where I will be taking my test.

In the letter is says I must bring my DL or two forms of signed identification.

At this moment, I do not have my DL. I do have my CID (California ID). Can I bring this instead of two forms of signed id. I called my local recruiter and left a message asking if they couls call me back.

I thought I would ask her also.

The only other option I have is to bring my birth certificate and my passport along with my CID.

My test is this Saturday.

Thank you

BBB
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
    I recieved my letter from the CHP informing me where I will be taking my test.

In the letter is says I must bring my DL or two forms of signed identification.

At this moment, I do not have my DL. I do have my CID (California ID). Can I bring this instead of two forms of signed id. I called my local recruiter and left a message asking if they couls call me back.

I thought I would ask her also.

The only other option I have is to bring my birth certificate and my passport along with my CID.

My test is this Saturday.

Thank you

BBB
    The first thing they'll probably ask you is why you're applying for the CHP and have made it to your 30's without getting a driver's license.

I'm pretty sure that they only need your DL for ID to keep you from cheating on your test and that a CID will work just as well as a DL for that purpose.
    *Not a cop*

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
      The first thing they'll probably ask you is why you're applying for the CHP and have made it to your 30's without getting a driver's license.

I'm pretty sure that they only need your DL for ID to keep you from cheating on your test and that a CID will work just as well as a DL for that purpose.

Ha ha... I knew someone would ask that. That part I am working on.

Living in a small city and working within 3 blocks from your home and the general needs who needs a DL. Plus, I stay in shape by walking around alot.

I wonder what the local cops will think when I get my DL. They all know me for walking around notdriving in a truck (which what I want). They sure will be suprised.

Smart arse!! Thank you Ismalibu...

BBB
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Applicants who do not possess a drivers license will be admitted to the examination but must secure the license prior to appointment.

Verification of this can be found at http://www.dpa.ca.gov/textdocs/specs/s8/s8446.txt

Print out a copy of the page, tuck it in your pocket and take it with you to the exam, just in case one of the proctors isn't familiar with the rules.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

WOW I've met plenty of NYers who don't have their DL but never in my life have I met a Californian w/o one. Will wonders never cease.

PK
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3245 users online. 155 members and 3090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X