300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments in San Joaquin County?

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about any of the police departments in San Joaquin County? Specifically, Stockton, Lodi, Tracy or Manteca? What about the sheriff's department?

Thanks!
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

I helped "catch" a wanted fugative from that county here in MN a few months ago..he had tried to run down a deputy and his K9 partner.....
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I used to live up there, what do you want to know? That is quite a range of dept's in size. You might throw Modesto in their also as it is just down the 99 and has a decent sized dept and plenty of meth to bust.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I was just wondering what the area is like? What about the reputation of the departments and if any of them are good places to work.

The only reason I didn't consider Modesto is because it is an absolute hole.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I lived in Lodi and went to school in Lodi and college in Stockton. Lodi is nice but you have kids from N. Stockton screwing things up. If you think Modesto is a hole you haven't been to Stockton. It all depends on what your looking to do for a career. If you want slow and easy stay out of Stockton as it is the central meeting location for dirt bags in the county.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Good point about Stockon vs. Modesto. I'm really not sure what size agency I'd like to eventually work for though I have been leaning from an 80 to 200 sworn municipal PD or a Sheriff's department. Hence why I'm asking about Manteca and Lodi.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
              Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about any of the police departments in San Joaquin County? Specifically, Stockton, Lodi, Tracy or Manteca? What about the sheriff's department?

Thanks!
              Stockton and Modesto both are good depts. But both cities are like war zones. Lodi, Manteca, Tracy all have good depts from what I have heard. SanJoaquin and Stanislaus county Sheriff's also seem to be good depts. The downside to an SO is that as cities incorporate and/or expand their territory then the SO has less and less patrol responsibilities. Alameda County is a good example of that phenomenon. They have a few contract cities left and a very small amount of unincorporated area to patrol. I've heard that their patrol division is extremely small.

I guess it would depend on what you are looking for in your career. The bigger the dept the more chances of promotion and diversity in assignments.
              Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

That's what I was looking for, thanks Lucky Seven!

Comment

I wouldn't try Modesto for a while. It seems that Modesto has a $8.7 million deficit and has recommended cutting $1 million from police and another $1 million from the fire dept as well.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/10...11428736c.html

As previously said Stockton is a lot worse than Modesto crimewise but Modesto has its hot spots as well. Both due to problems with the Norteno and Sureno gangs. There are places in Stockton that as a civilian I wouldn't want to be caught dead in at night.

In fact, my town is just getting back to normal after a LEO involved shooting that left one of our Sgts. dead and an officer critically injured. They were ambushed by a 19 yr old Marine with Norteno gang ties. Thankfully he was taken out by SWAT and Modesto PD three hours later than to waste time in the judicial system.
                  www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                  In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

Modesto and Ceres just swore in one new officer each from the academy 2 weeks ago while Stan Co SO swore in 11 and Tracy swore in 3 new officers (I have the program in front of me which lists who went to what department). Turlock also swore in 3 but at graduation they announced a contingent offer that was made to a 4th that morning.

Stan SO has several contract cities plus the foothills, a few lakes and Del Puerto Canyon to patrol.

I think every city has it's good and bad points, but because of the media you actually have to get out there and talk to people before you can determine whether or not the good outweighs the bad.

I think Stockton is more of a hole than Modesto - but this could be a biased opinion because I live in Modesto and happen to love it I just stay out of South Modesto

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3776 users online. 234 members and 3542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X