Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHP Now Hiring!!! Get in while you can!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP Now Hiring!!! Get in while you can!!!

The CHP is finally hiring!!!

Those interested in applying can go to www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting fpr details on the the Cadet and Officer positions.

You may also send an e-mail to [email protected] to request an application by mail, or check out the listing of area offices where you can pick one up.

Good luck and stay safe!!!
    R.I.P. Officer Larry Lasater
    Pittsburg Police Dept.
    Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>

Sent in my information.

Thanks for the links.

Jen
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

So neither of you want to be a real peace officer?
      Retired

Comment

No, I just feel that the CHP is a better fit for me. I've never had any diiference in respect between troopers and local PD. IMO you are all Peace Officers on the same level. No one is better or worse. You just serve different purposes. I'm not sure about other states, but in CA troopers are commissioned by the exact same board that commissions "real peace officers" and have to learn all the same things. I'm not really sure what the big deal is with local PD always talking down to troopers or people who want to be troopers. The main focus should be on serving society, not belittling each other. You should all be part of the same team.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I've just never understood the animosty between the two.
        Pittsburg Police Dept.
        Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
        </script>
        </P>

Comment

Originally posted by CHP Wanna-Be
          No, I just feel that the CHP is a better fit for me. I've never had any diiference in respect between troopers and local PD. IMO you are all Peace Officers on the same level. No one is better or worse. You just serve different purposes. I'm not sure about other states, but in CA troopers are commissioned by the exact same board that commissions "real peace officers" and have to learn all the same things. I'm not really sure what the big deal is with local PD always talking down to troopers or people who want to be troopers. The main focus should be on serving society, not belittling each other. You should all be part of the same team.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I've just never understood the animosty between the two.
          I understand where you are coming from. But in the real world, the CHP is not a full sevice LE agency. They handle traffic citations and accident invesitagtions,which they do they do very well. However, having spent 31 years of LE in California, they are not, repeat, not a a full service LE agency, no matter what they tell you.

Having said that, if you are content with enforcing traffic, and nothing more, than CHP will suit you fine.
          Retired

Comment

Ok, even so, why do some Local PD officers feel they have the right to talk down to state officers? I hear it in my AJ classes all the time because this is who they are taught by. "Why would you ever want to be in the CHP?" And if I hear the term "Triple A with a badge" one more time, I think I'll explode. I just feel there should be more respect between agencies. I'm realistic as I know this won't happen, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I like the idea of helping people who have been unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, and getting drunk drivers off the roadways. I know all cops get crap, but I think it just sucks to have to get it from other cops.
            Pittsburg Police Dept.
            Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
            </script>
            </P>

Comment

A small tip, the CHP has officers, not troopers. Better me than a CHP Officer correcting you.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by CHP Wanna-Be
                Ok, even so, why do some Local PD officers feel they have the right to talk down to state officers? I hear it in my AJ classes all the time because this is who they are taught by. "Why would you ever want to be in the CHP?" And if I hear the term "Triple A with a badge" one more time, I think I'll explode. I just feel there should be more respect between agencies. I'm realistic as I know this won't happen, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I like the idea of helping people who have been unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, and getting drunk drivers off the roadways. I know all cops get crap, but I think it just sucks to have to get it from other cops.
                A lot of local cops have issues with Chippies because locals get looked down upon by Chippies instead of the other way around. A lot of CHP officers have an attitude about having "the tougest academy," the "best training," whatever and think because they're part of such a large agency means they're somehow badasses.

Some local cops don't like CHP officers because the particular CHP officers they've dealt with aren't well versed in regular policework. You know the old joke, CHP stands for Can't Handle Policework.

Some local cops don't like Chippies because the locals desperately wanted to be Chippies and either couldn't get hired or couldn't hack it at the CHP Academy.

I've got 3 good friends who are CHP officers, they are great people and LEO's and I'd love to have them as my code 3 fill. I've visited the CHP Academy a few times, was amazed by the facilities and met some pretty squared away cadets. I'd never want to be CHP, but I'd sure take it over being a civilian.
                *Not a cop*

Comment

[QUOTE=CHP Wanna-Be]"Triple A with a badge" QUOTE]

Ooooo I never heard that one before I am going to have to use it...hehehehe..

As for the battle between state and local, many local agencies have lil battles against each other....

But hey if you need more examples....Supertroopers

Anywho....What ever happened to the Real Stories of The Highway Patrol??
                  THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
                    A lot of local cops have issues with Chippies because locals get looked down upon by Chippies instead of the other way around.

Some local cops don't like Chippies because the locals desperately wanted to be Chippies and either couldn't get hired or couldn't hack it at the CHP Academy.
                    In all my years in LE, I never, but never knew any local cop who thought CHP looked down on them. Contrary to what you said, it has always been the other way around.

I also never knew a local cop who wanted to be a CHiPpie but couldn't get hired, or couldn't hack it at the CHP academy.

Where did you come up with that ?
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                      In all my years in LE, I never, but never knew any local cop who thought CHP looked down on them. Contrary to what you said, it has always been the other way around.

I also never knew a local cop who wanted to be a CHiPpie but couldn't get hired, or couldn't hack it at the CHP academy.

Where did you come up with that ?
                      Just letting you know what I've heard from officers I know. I've never had any personal contacts with a CHP officer, perhaps I should have prefaced my post with that.
                      *Not a cop*

Comment

Believe me, I know they're called Officers. It just seems that everywhere else they're called troopers and I thought that might be a more "forum friendly" term. Also, I've been scolded before by a local police officer for calling them officers because they're "not real cops". I wasn't looking for a repeat here. It was merely used to differentiate between the two.
                        Pittsburg Police Dept.
                        Pittsburg, CA

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                        </script>
                        </P>

Comment

Does anyone know if PA is reciprocal with CA. Just curious. Would love to move to Cali for the surf and job.
                          Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty thigns

Comment

Originally posted by Surfin_Cop
                            Does anyone know if PA is reciprocal with CA. Just curious. Would love to move to Cali for the surf and job.
                            No, CA doesn't offer reciprocity with any state. There is a Basic Course Waiver process if you've had 660+ hours of general law enforcement training and 1 year of employment as a LEO. If you're approved for the BCW, you're issued a letter waiving you from the Basic Academy, but it's up to individual agencies as to whether or not they'll accept it.

I beleive the CHP won't.
                            *Not a cop*

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
                              No, CA doesn't offer reciprocity with any state. There is a Basic Course Waiver process if you've had 660+ hours of general law enforcement training and 1 year of employment as a LEO. If you're approved for the BCW, you're issued a letter waiving you from the Basic Academy, but it's up to individual agencies as to whether or not they'll accept it.

I beleive the CHP won't.
                              Thanks for the info.
                              Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty thigns

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4230 users online. 270 members and 3960 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X