300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A.S.D. DST Applicants

Hello all. I'm a recent DST applicant and I am looking to see if there are others who are in the beginning stages of the process.
    I applied for the position of DST on 8/2/16 and have my written test on 8/23/16.

There's a whole thread on here already about LASD.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

Awww, dude, c'mon. Don't start another LASD thread....Head over to the other one, lots of good advice there.
      Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Micah 6:8
      March 13, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 68Firebird View Post
        Awww, dude, c'mon. Don't start another LASD thread....Head over to the other one, lots of good advice there.
        Yes sir. I might of jumped the gun on this new thread. I'm reading up on the other thread and it does have good info. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fdodz06 View Post
          Yes sir. I might of jumped the gun on this new thread. I'm reading up on the other thread and it does have good info. Thanks
          Smh. Its at the top of all the others how could you miss it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

You want some advice of a retired LASD Sgt....Find another agency to work for.....LASD has too many problems and a absolute lack of leadership...
            Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              You want some advice of a retired LASD Sgt....Find another agency to work for.....LASD has too many problems and a absolute lack of leadership...
              Thank you for the advise sir, but I've had my mind set on wearing the tan and green for some time now. Also, I have family in the department who are encouraging me to pursue this career. But I am curious to know what do you mean if you don't mind.

Comment

How about all the scandals the past few years, the numerous people going to Federal Prison, how about current Sheriff that has done nothing to eliminate the problems and promoting people that were part of the Tanaka regime...How about poor equipment and radio cars with way too many miles on them... How about people getting days off or getting fired because you looked at someone the wrong way....I enjoyed my long career when LASD was considered the best law enforcement agency in the country but sadly the dept. is not looked at as the best anymore... Personally the way things are in our country today I wouldn't recommend anyone to go into law enforcement..That is the feeling of the majority of retired folks....
                Retired LASD

Comment

I too agree, i wish to wear the tan and green. But Sarg, with all do respect sir. If not us then who? Someone has to do the job and i am willing to put myself out there to atleast put a dent in crime or help the community in one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by Beretta_m9a1 View Post
                    I too agree, i wish to wear the tan and green. But Sarg, with all do respect sir. If not us then who? Someone has to do the job and i am willing to put myself out there to atleast put a dent in crime or help the community in one way or another

In many areas, the 'community' flat out despises you and wants you no less than dead; and with the current politicians in Sac 'putting a dent in crime' isnt going to happen...they are quickly reducing every crime they can think of to a misd without significant jailtime, and releasing thousands of non violent (who arent so non violent) offenders back on the street.

Realize what you are getting into, and then make your decision....I have a few years left, and then I will as far out of this hellhole of a state as quickly as possible
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Damn. Thanks for the advice, will definitely keep this in mind

Comment

Also, if you value your 2nd Amendment rights, CA is one of the last states you want to live in at all.
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I used to live in Pacoima for the first 25yrs of my life, lol i hate california and their anti gun laws. But if i get dq'd here in Vegas i have a back up, LASD. Im scheduled for Nov testing (out of state applicant)

Comment

I greatly honor and respect your views of this career but I feel I need to be a part of this agency for myself to see how I interpret the negatives and how they affect me personally. I feel I can handle anything but to be honest to myself, I will not know how strong I am until I am confronted with bad situations. Sirs, you know the in's and out's of this career obviously much more than I do and I am thankful for your honest thoughts, but I do plan to be a part of this department if given the chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8290 users online. 451 members and 7839 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X