Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapd Failed my PAT 2

Hello,

I've failed the treadmill test. Hate to admit that the last minute was really tough and got to me. I have been training ever since, but wondering if anyone had any pointers?
    The last incline and speed is so tough and I am nervous I will be failing again.

Thanks in advance.

Train for that speed and incline as a MINIMUM.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Attend CAPs 2 to 3 nights a week.

Comment

Short term, get in good enough shape that there is no way you can fail the test, even on your worst day. That may mean skipping the next test in lieu of preparing yourself to pass it.

Long term, you need to be looking at your lifestyle, exercise and eating regimes and make changes so you never again are out of shape.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Uphill sprints.

Most applicants are caught off guard during that last minute sprint because of the sudden increase in incline.

Highly suggest you work on your long distance runs. Find a local park with hills or roads with decent inclines. As said before, this should be your minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by bolthouse View Post
            Uphill sprints.

Most applicants are caught off guard during that last minute sprint because of the sudden increase in incline.

Highly suggest you work on your long distance runs. Find a local park with hills or roads with decent inclines. As said before, this should be your minimum.
            I totally agree. Get used to running hills. If you are from Los Angeles consider running in Elysian Park by the academy. Good hills and very likely the same hills you would need to run in the academy. I think my PT instructor had a phobia of flat ground. I can't remember ever running on a flat surface (especially when being punished). I also second the CAPS suggestion. They do a good job of training you in a way to make you successful in the academy.

Comment

WTF is going on with people? We used to just go down, fill out an application, show up on testing day, take the written, do what they told us at the PT test and get through the academy. It's really not that hard. Kind of dismaying to see so many young people have fallen that far behind that they seem to have no ability to just go out, do it and see what happens.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

It's the new generation. They have had everything handed to them, helicopter moms doing it all, and cannot fathom how life works...

And in 20 years, they'll be deciding Americas fate. That's the scary part: children with no clue as to the real world.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8512 users online. 464 members and 8048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X