300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Segundo Police Department.

Has anyone worked here? How do you like it?
    Last edited by ProvidentialEye; 09-07-2016, 10:46 PM.

I'm not a PO, don't work there, nor am I close with anybody that does... However, I do work in the industry and I am familiar with the dept and their current state of affairs, which is the morale is very low and many guys are jumping ship. The main complaint I have heard is the ongoing dispute between the city and the POA over contract negotiations, and although I am sure the issues will eventually be resolved, it may not be the greatest place at this juncture nor trending in a positive way. Other than that though, they have always been a well regarded department and well compensated, although that may change due to the contract negotiations that I made mention of. Generally speaking, they are a fairly selective department in regards to recruits, but thats no surprise considering most of the South Bay agencies are. The city itself is fairly small and affluent (as you probably already know) and it is a low crime area.

Would it be my first choice? No, but that's because it is not necessarily "my style" in terms of activity and style of policing... But with that said, I wouldn't hesitate to apply there and if you are serious about LE and ESPD in particular you should too. Just understand what you are getting into and know that all of the South Bay agencies are extremely competitive and highly desired LE jobs, so you may want to consider elsewhere as well. It is my belief that anywhere that'll hire you and pay your way through the academy is a place worth working, and if ESPD turns out to be it for you, consider yourself lucky. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 1035FAD View Post
      I'm not a PO, don't work there, nor am I close with anybody that does... However, I do work in the industry and I am familiar with the dept and their current state of affairs, which is the morale is very low and many guys are jumping ship. The main complaint I have heard is the ongoing dispute between the city and the POA over contract negotiations, and although I am sure the issues will eventually be resolved, it may not be the greatest place at this juncture nor trending in a positive way. Other than that though, they have always been a well regarded department and well compensated, although that may change due to the contract negotiations that I made mention of. Generally speaking, they are a fairly selective department in regards to recruits, but thats no surprise considering most of the South Bay agencies are. The city itself is fairly small and affluent (as you probably already know) and it is a low crime area.

Would it be my first choice? No, but that's because it is not necessarily "my style" in terms of activity and style of policing... But with that said, I wouldn't hesitate to apply there and if you are serious about LE and ESPD in particular you should too. Just understand what you are getting into and know that all of the South Bay agencies are extremely competitive and highly desired LE jobs, so you may want to consider elsewhere as well. It is my belief that anywhere that'll hire you and pay your way through the academy is a place worth working, and if ESPD turns out to be it for you, consider yourself lucky. Best of luck!

"I'm not a PO, don't work there, nor am I close with anybody that does.." Sorry but after writing that you really don't need to write anything else. Lol.

Comment

Lol fair enough

Comment

With as many agencies that are hiring, I'd go somewhere else - a lot of **** going on with the city. People are jumping ship out, not in. Work with who recently left there, not many good things to say about it.
          CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Comment

What is on the PAT test for El Segundo if anyone can answer?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8192 users online. 445 members and 7747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X