Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burbank Police Department

Hi all,

Just trying to connect to anybody out there that has gone through the Burbank hiring process. I finished all the requirements and the department has sent me a "score" through email without a ranking (assuming nobody else received a ranking as well). From this point it has been about a week and have heard nothing new from the department except a "you will probably get called in." Any incite to their hiring process from this point would be appreciated!

Thank you!

-Andrew Tuggle

I just applied. Trying to find out what the written test is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What steps have you completed so far? I can't give you specific insight into Burbank, but I've been around the block a time or two with the hiring process and can at least give you some general guidelines on what to expect.

Comment

Burbank Police Department

Originally posted by CHPKing View Post

Generations of us got hired without having any idea what the test was like. If you're qualified, you'll pass without any special preparation. Don't overthink this - just go in, take the test, go to the oral in a sharp suit, sit up straight, make eye contact, think and give honest answers. And be in outstanding shape - there are way too many powderpuffs that can't hack PT.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

You will probably have a Chief's interview coming up and then start the back half of the process (poly/background/medical not necessarily in that order).

Make sure you are squaring your PT away while you wait for your next steps.

Comment

Originally posted by CHPKing View Post

It just tests basic skills like grammar, memorization, attention to detail, spelling and reading comprehension. Nothing particularly difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by b1ub0x View Post
              You will probably have a Chief's interview coming up and then start the back half of the process (poly/background/medical not necessarily in that order).

Make sure you are squaring your PT away while you wait for your next steps.
              I always pass the Chief's oral.
              Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
                I always pass the Chief's oral.
                Yeah, but it takes a week for the rug burns on your knees to heal up after that.
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by 1035FAD View Post
                  What steps have you completed so far? I can't give you specific insight into Burbank, but I've been around the block a time or two with the hiring process and can at least give you some general guidelines on what to expect.
                  Currently have gone through the written, physical, and oral board. The city sent me an overall score (no ranking). That is it.... I have contacted the recruiter who originally was contacting me for the job and no new news has come up yet. Now I am waiting for the Chief's interview/background check, but it has been 2 weeks without any update on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggle_man View Post
                    Currently have gone through the written, physical, and oral board. The city sent me an overall score (no ranking). That is it.... I have contacted the recruiter who originally was contacting me for the job and no new news has come up yet. Now I am waiting for the Chief's interview/background check, but it has been 2 weeks without any update on the job.
                    The process is a lot of hurry up and wait. Two weeks is not that long to be waiting. For a while LASD applicants were in the process for a year.

Comment

Ok good, was a little worried because the initial process was insanely fast and then not hearing for two weeks was a little off. Once the written test hit I was travel to Burbank almost every single week. Thank you for the replies b1ub0x, as well as everybody else. Also, way too familiar with the hurry up and wait game, ETS out of the Army as we speak.

If anybody has questions about the initial process (written-oral board) please feel free to PM me, as I just completed that portion for Burbank.

Comment

I have orientation on Monday. I'm excited

Comment

Got through written and PAT quick. Initial interview next Tuesday.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I passed the written and the PAT, and I just had my oral interview a couple weeks ago. Just received an email that I passed the oral interview and it gave me a final score. It seems like in the past they issued a score and a rank to those who passed the initial stages, is this final score my rank or did something change? It doesn't say anything about continuing in the process, just that my application has been forwarded to the hiring department and I may or may not be selected to move forward

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8147 users online. 439 members and 7708 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X