300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does security clearance help the background process

Im currently a detention officer and have a national security clearance through homeland security. I've been thinking about applying to a department like LAPD or CHP. Will my security clearance speed up my background process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it wont.

Each agency you apply with is responsible for conducting its own, independent background investigation as part of the hiring process.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I had an active secret clearance with my last investigation being fairly recent. My background check still took forever to complete the only thing the clearance helped with was already having the bulk of the info my BI needed for the investigation compiled.

Comment

Originally posted by laman93 View Post
        Im currently a detention officer and have a national security clearance through homeland security. I've been thinking about applying to a department like LAPD or CHP. Will my security clearance speed up my background process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It doesn't help in the slightest....even a TS/SAR type clearance wont make any difference in of itself
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

It wont hurt you of course..... but it has no bearing. Ive seen more than a few people with Secret or even TS who have failed an LE background. Ive had both. And neither was as in depth or as personal as an LE background. Many people find that hard to believe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4205 users online. 214 members and 3991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X