300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC BLET to California POST lateral

hello, I was wondering if anybody has obtained a POST waiver for the NC BLET certification. I currently have about 3 years employed with my current NC agency but am considering moving to CA.

I am just beginning to do research and was wondering how the waiver process worked. Was it fairly simple? Did they require much additional training? etc.... I'm also wondering how long the process normally takes.

Originally posted by alex001 View Post
    hello, I was wondering if anybody has obtained a POST waiver for the NC BLET certification. I currently have about 3 years employed with my current NC agency but am considering moving to CA.

I am just beginning to do research and was wondering how the waiver process worked. Was it fairly simple? Did they require much additional training? etc.... I'm also wondering how long the process normally takes.
    https://post.ca.gov/basic-course-waiver-process.aspx

Here is a link to California POST and their waiver process. You will send in all of your training transcripts to POST and they will do an evaluation of your training. If you are short hours you will be required to seek out additional training. If you do not need additional training you can obtain the waiver two ways.

1) Attend a 3 week BCW course.

2) Test out option. If you elect to do this you schedule it through the Regional Training Facility in Fresno. You will take a 100 question test, basic handcuffing, and firearm qual. This is the route most people do as the testing is not too difficult.

Comment

• richardg111
      richardg111 commented
      Editing a comment
      AG you have been very instrumental to a lot of us trying to get back to CA. How much did you pay to take the exam in Fresno? That's where I will be heading

thanks for the help AG, I sent in my BCW packet on wedesday. I heard it may take 4-6 weeks to hear back but wish me luck! fingers crossed

Comment

• richardg111
      richardg111 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did things end up for you Sir?

I got a letter back, I need additional training on the NIMS/SEMS block (LD43B) . Is there a way to take this individual block of training somewhere? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by alex001 View Post
      I got a letter back, I need additional training on the NIMS/SEMS block (LD43B) . Is there a way to take this individual block of training somewhere? Any help would be appreciated
      Check out https://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx

Take IS-100.LEb, IS-700.a and IS-200.b and you should get credit for 9 hours. All online and free.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiGywer View Post
        Check out https://training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx

Take IS-100.LEb, IS-700.a and IS-200.b and you should get credit for 9 hours. All online and free.

thanks man!!! heard this would apply! appreciate it!

Comment

Just curious for an uipdate, did an agency ever accept your waiver and pick you up? im trying to consider my chances

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8341 users online. 450 members and 7891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X