300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Information.

Im gonna get my background packet in a week. I know theirs a lot of information I got to fill out. So I want to get started, getting Information. Wanted to know how far back do they check employment history, I want to start contacting past employers. Also how far back do I have to put Down, where I've lived. Any other Information I should start looking up?
    Last edited by jtorres; 03-09-2015, 11:21 AM.

Spelling would be something to look up...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Personal history statements will vary from agency to agency. Here is an example of a typical PHS for my state.

http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/f...p?BlobID=23931

Be sure to keep a copy of whatever you submit. This will keep you from having to do your research all over again for agencies you apply with in the future, plus, working from information on your first PHS will ensure information on later PHS forms is consistent and does not change (all the agencies you apply to compare your past PHS forms for discrepancies).
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by jtorres View Post
        Im gonna get my background packet in a week. I know theirs a lot of information I got to fill out. So I want to get started, getting Information. Wanted to know how far back do they check employment history, I want to start contacting past employers. Also how far back do I have to put Down, where I've lived. Any other Information I should start looking up?
        Employment history is all employment.

Previous residence is usually past 10 years or since age 15.
        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Thank you for the information

Comment

Post deleted
            Last edited by m_sharif; 06-23-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7950 users online. 439 members and 7511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X