Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie100
    replied
    Got a CJO roughly in the fall of 2018 after about 3/4 of a year of going thru the process of getting hired, and I am still waiting for academy, or any kind of call.

It is odd that they go thru the process of background, psych, medical, poly, etc where they want to hire you and then they just go radio silent after everything is finished with a CJO.

Just giving a heads up to those out there that were wondering a time frame of how long some people have to wait, or what happens after you accomplish all the requirements, as they just go silent and do not keep in touch.

Any other CJOs lurking around here in the same boat?

Its been over one year in total for the entire process, but it is disheartening if they plan to keep CJOs in limbo.

It is nice knowing I guess in some respect I meet all the requirements to become one, just sad that this department does not keep you in the loop.
    Last edited by Reggie100; 04-13-2019, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OPDrecruit
    replied
    Originally posted by Buendia510 View Post
    Does anyone know the months that opd will have a scheduled academy class for 2019
    The background investigator called me back after my initial appointment with him to ask a few additional questions and for five more references. He said that was standard, but I though it was odd. About 4 weeks after that I got the email that i"m on the eligibility list. So fingers crossed I can start in the next academy. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Dr7
    commented on 's reply
    No, I have only gotten an email that I passed interviews and am on the eligibility list. I have not started backgrounds yet. I have been waiting for awhile. I received a call about 8 weeks ago and the officer just asked me a couple questions on my background packet and that was it. He said he would get back to me within a couple weeks but they haven't yet.

• OPDrecruit
    commented on 's reply
    Did you get an email after the PAT, oral interview, background, and polygraph that you were eligible for the academy?

• OPDrecruit
    replied
    Hello! I just got word that I passed everything and i'm on the eligibility list for the academy. Anyone know the next start date? Anyone else get the email that they're eligible?

Leave a comment:

• Dr7
    commented on 's reply
    they have one starting on monday, I don't know about the others

• Buendia510
    replied
    Does anyone know the months that opd will have a scheduled academy class for 2019

Leave a comment:

• JS415
    commented on 's reply
    Reggie - How long from when your background packet was “completed” did you get the call for medical & psych?! And did they put you on an eligibility list?

I was told the academy was pushed back to 3/25 from February and supposedly there will be more academies immediately behind the one in March.

Just got email that my packet is complete and I’m on list.... fingers crossed.

• Dr7
    commented on 's reply
    I think a few people are

• mz93
    replied
    Anyone currently waiting to be contacted by a background investigator?

Leave a comment:

• amosapian
    commented on 's reply
    Reggie100,

I had some other agencies I applied to so my case was a little different. Plus being out of state they were more accommodating to me traveling less. I’m confused on the chief interview though. Don’t they do that prior to medical and psych? How are you done with everything and waiting for that?

• amosapian
    commented on 's reply
    ShawnMon,

They ask you why you want to be an officer in Oakland. Then they give you some hypothetical situations and ask what you would do. There’s no right or wrong answer, but just be conscious when you answer that people’s lives, their property, and other things have an order of priority. They’re just meant to see what you would do in that case. You may choose the “wrong” choice, but don’t change your answer. They can teach you the right answer in the academy, but they can’t make you be decisive and confident in your choices. Hope that makes sense.

• shawnMon
    commented on 's reply
    when you did the oral interview what kind of questions will I need to answer? anything based on my resume? or just the usual what can you do for us and why do you want to become a peace officer?

• Reggie100
    commented on 's reply
    Done with everything, waiting to do chief interview, but no contact for months now, which is fine. I knew an academy was starting roughly Jan/Feb because of communication on here, I started to check in to see what was happening here. I wish there was a little more communication from the department, so when I noticed that you said you got calls to start within the last two weeks of February I now at least have an idea whether I got in or not by a certain time frame.

Thanks for the heads up, and now back to waiting, still looking forward to this department.
    Last edited by Reggie100; 01-11-2019, 04:40 PM.

• amosapian
    commented on 's reply
    Last I heard, they were still filling in for the academy. Hopefully they still are for you! How far along are you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6267 users online. 344 members and 5923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X