Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know when the next review bored is? I am in the same boat as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
      Well, my bi called me and told me he finished my backgrounds a while back, and personnel has my case. It's up to them to present my case to the chief to see if he wants to go forward with me or not. Dunno if that's the character review but I guess I'll wait and see to find out
      Congrats! At least that stage is done and all you have to do is wait to see if you get picked or not! Great Job!

Comment

• Well after repeated attempts to try not to cave in to calling the recruiting and backgrounds unit, I ended up calling them to see what is going on and if they had any information for me and guess what?

It just went to voice mail lol. Hopefully I get an email or call back to see whats going on.

Comment

• Anybody here know what the language proficiency test consists of? I just got done with my oral panel and did a preliminary language test. I know it's all verbal/oral and no reading and writing, but that's all I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
            I guess they are cause the academy starts on 22 believe . How long it took to start you background afte oral interview?
            Well I started in October with paperwork. Poly in December. BI processing started in March. Doesn't look like I'll make April academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by serg4081 View Post
              Thanks brother. I wish you the same. seems like we are on the same boat, right ? still waiting on psych and med?
              Yeah we are waiting for same thing. Patience is tough man

Comment

• Originally posted by XEM_11 View Post
                Yeah we are waiting for same thing. Patience is tough man
                so nothing yet huh ? and iknow its tough my man but hey no news is good news right ? you think we will be in the june academy if we make it through these last two phases ?

Comment

so nothing yet huh ? and iknow its tough my man but hey no news is good news right ? you think we will be in the june academy if we make it through these last two phases ?
                  Next academy is in July

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                    Next academy is in July
                    Three months away isnt so bad lol

Comment

No news is good news, but it sucks. whether academy is in June or July its still weeks away... but I think we can make it in to that academy if get med/psych out of the way. must be a lot of us on the eligible list.

Comment

• Originally posted by cu014375 View Post
                        I can't remember when I initially applied. I've been trying for 3 years to get hired somewhere. I do have a B.S. in CJ. I am from oakland and I volunteer with opd. This was my 2nd time getting this far with opd. The 1st time was 2013, i met my b.i. and then got my thanks but no thanks. I applied again in June, did everything, did the psych in November, poly on Dec 1, met my new b.i. in Jan, psych 2 in feb, physical and drug test last week. I can't tell yall how i made it this time. I will say I kept applying with opd, i didn't want to work for another dept. I DIDN'T call the background office one time. I sat and waiting patiently and it happened.

All I can say is thank God. I'll see some of y'all very soon. For the new people that is in my class, If yall need help learning oakland, askin me. We are about to be family for the next 6 months and more
                        Talk about zen-like patience. I only emailed once about my status; and it was after 2.5 months. Hopefully I'll be in the June academy if all goes as they say.

Comment

• Well, I saw some familiar faces during the background processing. Poly next week and hopefully there's a little bit of a break because I'm running out of vacation time.

Comment

• Post deleted
                            Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
                              I was over there too and saw familiar people from day one . Hopefully we all get to meet in the next coming academy .
                              Absolutely! Good luck to you.

Comment

• Post deleted
                                Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:47 AM. Reason: Post deleted

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4209 users online. 199 members and 4010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X