Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all! I definitely lurked the old thread, and it was full of answers for me, so I figured I'd share my experience/timeline. PAT March 2014, Written April 2014, Orals May, Background processing July 5, heard from my BI early Sept, fingerprinting late Oct/early Nov, medical and psych December, heard nothing January- mid March and got the call a few weeks ago! Needless to say it is a process, and while I think every applicant would like to know the process and figure out the order in which things get processed, just give it some time and keep the positive vibes! Can't wait to meet everyone in a few short weeks. Now for the really fun part- trying to find a reasonable place to stay!

Comment

Post deleted
      Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:09 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
        Hey I am wondering if anyone has experience through background for Leo with issues not listed as disqualification but as an issue that needs to be solve .

In my experience I was screen out from a background because unpaid bills from 2 to 3 years ago . As of today , the problem is already fixed as cited on post background standards .

Also, I had to explain the use of marijuana in 2008 as experimentation . And work experience , I had to explain the reason why I had an entry level discharge from military due to family hardship . However , I laready built work experience and that was 3 years ago

None of it was a disqualification but was screen out once because my credit report
        I think you were screened out due to unpaid bills, because that showed you were immature and irresponsible with your money. Because they feel that if you're not responsible with your money, that could lead to gambling and etc

Comment

Post deleted
          Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-19-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
            Hey I am wondering if anyone has experience through background for Leo with issues not listed as disqualification but as an issue that needs to be solve .

In my experience I was screen out from a background because unpaid bills from 2 to 3 years ago . As of today , the problem is already fixed as cited on post background standards .

Also, I had to explain the use of marijuana in 2008 as experimentation . And work experience , I had to explain the reason why I had an entry level discharge from military due to family hardship . However , I laready built work experience and that was 3 years ago

None of it was a disqualification but was screen out once because my credit report
            In my experience I had credit issues as well, actually had a bill go to collection. If you took care of it,it not only shows responsibility but that you take initiative to handle your business regardless the depth it has acquired. My B.I told me now a days everyone has some type of financial issues its tough but what will help you is that you took care of it and its no longer on your record. I just cleared my backgrounds last week my B.I contacted me and told me I was in great shape and that now it was up to the board to give me a good enough grade to get into the academy coming up. If you fail try again my man. You will be in soon best of luck

Comment

Post deleted
              Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:07 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

Post deleted
                Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:06 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

Originally posted by serg4081 View Post
                  In my experience I had credit issues as well, actually had a bill go to collection. If you took care of it,it not only shows responsibility but that you take initiative to handle your business regardless the depth it has acquired. My B.I told me now a days everyone has some type of financial issues its tough but what will help you is that you took care of it and its no longer on your record. I just cleared my backgrounds last week my B.I contacted me and told me I was in great shape and that now it was up to the board to give me a good enough grade to get into the academy coming up. If you fail try again my man. You will be in soon best of luck
                  COngrats Dude,Im anxious to get that call! Hope make the academy and pass pysch/medical!

Comment

Post deleted
                    Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-19-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Post deleted
                      Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:05 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
                        I applied back in November and it been 6 months in the process . I haven't not been assigned a background investigator yet . Last time I called , they still looking on prior applicants for April academy . It was enough time to gather documents for bi and have my background squared away. I guess no news is good news . Does anyone still waiting for a bi or been through the process . It been a long process though
                        Did you already have your oral? If so, did you get the results?

Comment

• Just got back from a ride along with my good friend from OPD. One of the best and most funnest ride alongs I have ever been on lol. You guys need to schedule yourself a ride along to understand the dept better

Comment

• Post deleted
                            Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-10-2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: Post deleted

Comment

• Post deleted
                              Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Hello all, I have an application in for academy graduate. Has anyone gone through this process? I hear there is a transitional academy you would have to attend if accepted.

Just gathering any information I can at the moment.

Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5023 users online. 292 members and 4731 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X