Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 184A applicant

9/11 background intake appointment
    9/25 background investigator reached out via stating I will be contacted in 2 weeks for interview to go over my PHQ packet
    9/26 polygraph text

waiting.... so they send out letters if you failed polygraph test ?

Comment

• Most departments send out notices via post or email if a candidate isn't being moved forward in the process. How was your polygraph? Did the examiner say anything to you?

Comment

• Recruit3185
        Recruit3185 commented
        Editing a comment
        Polygraph was good. She just had some
        Follow up questions after the test but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. If you tell the truth there is nothing to worry about I guess . But then again some people failed also after telling the truth so I just don’t know . This waiting game is torture :/

• InZain08
        InZain08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any updates for you?

Do your best to keep busy by staying productive. Do your best at work, keep working out and improving your fitness, maybe even volunteer at some local organizations. Let the wheels turn at their own pace and hang around for the ride. Feel free to DM me if you have questions or just want to talk.

• No updates yet. What about you? I’m debating if I should email her , but then again I think I should just wait and let the process work itself out. Yes that’s what I will be doing, while I wait.

Comment

• My BI mentioned that he will be conducting a home visit in the near future before he concludes my background investigation which could be within the next couple of weeks. OPD may be conducting fire operations and/or assisting other agencies with the various fires currently burning. That could definitely hamper the process for candidates.

Comment

• Recruit3185
          Recruit3185 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you meet with your BI to go over your PHQ? Did they mention anything about the polygraph test that you took?

• InZain08
          InZain08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, our initial meeting was focused primarily on reviewing my PHS but it was also a chance for the investigator to get to know the person behind the paper. The polygraph was only brought up once during the meeting and it was to verify a piece of information I had provided to the polygrapher.

In the end it turned into a Q&A where we learned about one another, spoke about the department and the hiring process moving forward, and what to expect from life as a peace officer.

• Recruit3185
          Recruit3185 commented
          Editing a comment
          From the time line it looks like we took poly around the same time. I don’t know , it’s a waiting game at this point. If I did not do well on Poly I would assume I would of gotten something in the mail by now but it’s just been extremely quiet

• Does anyone from 184A have any updates to share?

Comment

• Any updates for 185A or 185B?

Comment

• I meant 184A or 184B sorry

Comment

• I’m in the 183B, nothing here...

Comment

• 185A here. Was notified via email I passed my oral that took place 12/3. I was told on 12/6 that I place 30 on the list. Ouch. I know it’s a little low but better then nothing. So do I assume I’m number 30 in line for there background?
                -9/18 submitted application and test scores (NTN)
                -10/22 notified I was to move forward.
                -10/29 invited to take PAT
                -11/16 took PAT (passed)
                -11/22 invited to oral board
                -12/1 oral board work shop
                -12/3 oral board interview.
                -12/6 notified I passed placed 30.
                -12/11 notified that I will move forward to background investigation
                -12/17 started background investigation and all documents and pics taken at the department
                -12/22 OPD checked my credit report. ( was notified by my account on MYFICO.COM that someone pulled my credit report )
                -1/3 notified for my Polygraph
                -1/4 went to OPD to have a LIVESCAN done for my background check.
                -1/10 went in to take my polygraph ( results pending )
                -1/10 livescan background was completed ( you can check on then CADOJ website and enter the ATI number they put down on the pink slip.) ( FBI completed 1/4, CADOJ completed 1/9, ATF completed 1/10) I currently have a FFL license from the ATF and a high capacity magazine permit and CFD number ( California firearm dealer number ) from the CADOJ, so I am not sure if this helped pushed my back ground through.
                Last edited by MMAAKA; 01-10-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• LEO404
                  LEO404 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your ranking is basically your desirability as an applicant. The better your rank the faster they are going to want to move forward with your hiring process. Passing the oral board is the important part. Focus on making sure your background info is perfect and make the best impression you can when you start backgrounds.
                  Remember that everything is a test.

• thank you leo404

Comment

• started the background investigation. my live scan is going to be done on 1/4/20

Comment

• LEO404
                    LEO404 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats! Good luck!

• Has anyone heard anything about the January academy??

Comment

• LEO404 nothing. im told they were doing to start on the 27th

Comment

• ok so I took my polygraph today. gooooshhhhhhhh that was stressful and yet I expected that. I won't go into to much detail however I was a little scared when the test was over and she asked me to tell he what was going through my thoughts when I would answer some of the questions and then she made me write it down so that she can send it off with my results....

I don't know the outcome but fingers crossed, I was as honest as I could be but I also hear that the one who also tell the truth show deception.

Comment

• atm_os
                        atm_os commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Have you been contacted by a BI yet? Also, where did you take your polygraph?
                        Last edited by atm_os; 01-16-2020, 01:56 PM.

• MMAAKA
                        MMAAKA commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Atm_os
                        No I have not. I’m still waiting on anything. I took my poly in Benicia ( Martinez ) with a lady named Mercedes

• this place is quite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4068 users online. 171 members and 3897 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X