Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we re-apply before our waitlist is up ?

Comment

002 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the same thing so I emailed the guy that did my background check all he told me was that he would advise that they tend to get mad over small **** and not following instructions

• Logan44
      Logan44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess we’re waiting it out then !

• Anyone else get the call?

Comment

• Logan44
      Logan44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately I did not, did you?

• Stargazing642
      Stargazing642 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I did.

• Logan44
      Logan44 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the February academy? Or to start your medical psych

• Dr7
      Dr7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! My buddy got the call as well for the Feburary academy. Excited for you guys !

• I called background and recruiting a couple days ago to check my status and they said I'm just on the list and basically "theyll get to me when they get to me" . Bummer but I hope I eventually can get a background investigator . Hows everyone else doing in the process ?

Comment

• Hey guys I am new to this forum, and I want to say that I'm nervous for my PAT which is this saturday. And can you guys give me inside tips for the interview.

Comment

• Stargazing642
        Stargazing642 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man, it’s okay to be nervous. I was too for my PAT and oral board interviews. As long as you’re in somewhat good shape and can hop over a wall and run through some cones, you should be good for the PAT. As for the interview, I thoroughly researched the department as OPD was my number one choice and that helped pass. Good luck!

• shawnMon
        shawnMon commented
        Editing a comment
        Stargazing642 Thanks for the reply. this will help me. How far are you in the process now?

• Question:

I noticed for February Academy some of you said you got calls, and calls for what exactly? Please be more specific? Did you get a call to start the February Academy or are you mistaking it for a medical / psych exam or some other process in the way up to getting hired.

If you are starting the February Academy, do you know what date it is roughly or what week of February?

I myself am done with the entire process "finished medical and have a CJO" with the exception of meeting with the Chief to make everything official and have been waiting for many months with no word. Anyone else in the same boat as I?

Comment

• amosapian
        amosapian commented
        Editing a comment
        ShawnMon,

They ask you why you want to be an officer in Oakland. Then they give you some hypothetical situations and ask what you would do. There’s no right or wrong answer, but just be conscious when you answer that people’s lives, their property, and other things have an order of priority. They’re just meant to see what you would do in that case. You may choose the “wrong” choice, but don’t change your answer. They can teach you the right answer in the academy, but they can’t make you be decisive and confident in your choices. Hope that makes sense.

• amosapian
        amosapian commented
        Editing a comment
        Reggie100,

I had some other agencies I applied to so my case was a little different. Plus being out of state they were more accommodating to me traveling less. I’m confused on the chief interview though. Don’t they do that prior to medical and psych? How are you done with everything and waiting for that?

• JS415
        JS415 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reggie - How long from when your background packet was “completed” did you get the call for medical & psych?! And did they put you on an eligibility list?

I was told the academy was pushed back to 3/25 from February and supposedly there will be more academies immediately behind the one in March.

Just got email that my packet is complete and I’m on list.... fingers crossed.

• OPDrecruit
        OPDrecruit commented
        Editing a comment
        JS415 I got the same email about in the beginning of April. Any updates for you?

• Anyone currently waiting to be contacted by a background investigator?

Comment

• Dr7
        Dr7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think a few people are

• Does anyone know the months that opd will have a scheduled academy class for 2019

Comment

• Dr7
        Dr7 commented
        Editing a comment
        they have one starting on monday, I don't know about the others

• OPDrecruit
        OPDrecruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get an email after the PAT, oral interview, background, and polygraph that you were eligible for the academy?

• Dr7
        Dr7 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I have only gotten an email that I passed interviews and am on the eligibility list. I have not started backgrounds yet. I have been waiting for awhile. I received a call about 8 weeks ago and the officer just asked me a couple questions on my background packet and that was it. He said he would get back to me within a couple weeks but they haven't yet.

• Hello! I just got word that I passed everything and i'm on the eligibility list for the academy. Anyone know the next start date? Anyone else get the email that they're eligible?

Comment

• gav691
        gav691 commented
        Editing a comment
        when did you start the background process?

• OPDrecruit
        OPDrecruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Late February I believe

• Originally posted by Buendia510 View Post
      Does anyone know the months that opd will have a scheduled academy class for 2019
      The background investigator called me back after my initial appointment with him to ask a few additional questions and for five more references. He said that was standard, but I though it was odd. About 4 weeks after that I got the email that i"m on the eligibility list. So fingers crossed I can start in the next academy. Good luck!

Comment

• Reggie100
        Reggie100 commented
        Editing a comment
        You still need to do Psych, Medical, Poly, etc and get a CJO before you can move forward to the academy.
        Last edited by Reggie100; 04-13-2019, 11:09 AM.

• Got a CJO roughly in the fall of 2018 after about 3/4 of a year of going thru the process of getting hired, and I am still waiting for academy, or any kind of call.

It is odd that they go thru the process of background, psych, medical, poly, etc where they want to hire you and then they just go radio silent after everything is finished with a CJO.

Just giving a heads up to those out there that were wondering a time frame of how long some people have to wait, or what happens after you accomplish all the requirements, as they just go silent and do not keep in touch.

Any other CJOs lurking around here in the same boat?

Its been over one year in total for the entire process, but it is disheartening if they plan to keep CJOs in limbo.

It is nice knowing I guess in some respect I meet all the requirements to become one, just sad that this department does not keep you in the loop.
      Last edited by Reggie100; 04-13-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Logan44
        Logan44 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it take for them to schedule your medical and psych for you, after you were put on the eligibility for passing backgrounds?

• Any updates for anyone?

Comment

• Sounds like I am a little late to this but can anyone post a full accurate timeline I have taken written, physical, oral, met with my BI, did polygraph, did fingerprints, BI did house visit, he told me he was going to be completed with my background investigation March 15th of this year and I have not heard anything what is supposed to happen next do they send out rejection letters? do the send conditional job offer somewhat close to the academy date?

Comment

• Motiv8R
          Motiv8R commented
          Editing a comment
          Gav691,

The hiring process is the same for everyone, however, it fluctuates on each applicants background. I applied in August 2018 and got my CJO in January. Middle of January, I got my official job offer (phone call) and came in the following week to sign. The academy was scheduled for Feb. 25 but it got pushed back for Mar. 25, I had the opportunity to work in the department as a pre-hire before the academy. The next academy isn’t until August from what I heard. Good luck!

• gav691
          gav691 commented
          Editing a comment
          Motiv8r,
          Congrats on the job hope academy is going well for you,
          thank you for the reply and the info it has helped I took some advice from here and contacted (emailed) my BI just to check my status he said he was still working on my background. Good luck in academy

• Anyone here from application group 182C?

Comment

• gav691
          gav691 commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted my background investigator and he told me he was still working on my background and said academy is August 26th

• OPDrecruit
          OPDrecruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Did he say how much notice the recruits usually get that they're enrolled in the academy? I mean is it possible that they call us the week before, or do they start filling the slots and notifying recruits far in advance?

• gav691
          gav691 commented
          Editing a comment
          not really but when he came to my house for the house visit he did say to be prepared to not be able to give my job a proper 2 week notice that he kind of implied it would be last minute but I am not sure it could just be how he does it or if its the department. Your packet is already turned into for chiefs panel review so you might hear something way before I do.

• OPDrecruit
          OPDrecruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you BI seem bothered that you contacted him? I want to email mine to check in, but not sure if that's okay

• Did they tell you how much longer they expected your background to take?

Comment

• gav691
          gav691 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope just that he said he was still working on it and academy was in august how did the process go for you what where the steps did he contact all our references and family? cause for me he called me and asked if he could call my girlfriend which he did but no one else has been contacted

• OPDrecruit
          OPDrecruit commented
          Editing a comment
          My BI called every person on my forms, then called me and asked for 5 additional references.

• gav691
          gav691 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm, well im not sure whats going on then like I said he only contacted my girlfriend and so far that's it

• Is it pretty typical that you go through the entire process and are on the eligibility list (just waiting to take medical and psych after CJO) and they let your eligibility expire?

Comment

• Logan44
          Logan44 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can’t speak for every one but I know myself and one other person that’s it’s happen to. I’m sure there’s a lot more, but I’m unsure of the exact number.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11446 users online. 461 members and 10985 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X