Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to be the bad news bear but to all those who are in the same situation as me (just waiting for medical).. I was informed that the next academy isn't until January, which means everyone hoping there was one this year, don't hold your breath. Sucks!

Comment

• ggwill
      ggwill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the headsup!

002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the information
      At least now we know

• I just received an update from my buddy. The Academy that was tentiavely scheduled for August got pushed back go October 1st, some of you may still receive an offer before then, if not then the following one would be sometime around January probably.

and ggwill by background appt I mean the meeting you go to where you submit your papers (diploma, transcripts, etc) and start the background process. Still waiting on that

Comment

• Stargazing642
      Stargazing642 commented
      Editing a comment
      Grease Monkey, if you showed up to any of the PT workshops, you’d know that the Dr7 is right and that the academy does start on October 1. The department probably told you January Academy information as you’re most likely not eligible for this October academy.

• ggwill
      ggwill commented
      Editing a comment
      Stargazing642 How are the PT workshops? I’ve never been to one due to work schedule conflicts. Do you recommend attending?

• Dr7
      Dr7 commented
      Editing a comment
      As I've been told by other officers and applicants the PT workshops are gonna be your ticket to getting hired or not. They want to see if your committed, check your overall fitness level, as well as see if it improves over time. If you dont attend I would start so. As SOON as I'm eligible to attend I'm going too. Just need to get into background. Also your B.I should ask you how many you attend and its extra points to your overall eligibility score.

• ggwill
      ggwill commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. I haven't started backgrounds yet so I can’t attend the PT workshops. The last thing I completed was the oral board. Good to know!

• Received my conditional Thursday now time for psych and medical evaluation within the next week and a half . Then off to academy October 1st as long as everything goes to plan.

Comment

• Smarques
      Smarques commented
      Editing a comment
      No my background was only a couple months it was done already but they were waiting to go infront of the chiefs panel .

002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats that’s amazing how did they let you know . ?? Did they call you

• Smarques
      Smarques commented
      Editing a comment
      I received an email last week saying congratulations. I received a call the next day and my appts for psych and medical evaluation were made .

• Dr7
      Dr7 commented
      Editing a comment
      wow man thats awesome, congrats!

• Although I didn’t apply for an officer position, I just did my poly this past Wednesday and on Monday went to turn in my paperwork to be assigned to a BI. This coming Friday I have an appointment for my live scan.

I was also told that we’re being intertwined amongst the officers going through the same process, so this may also be slowing things down.

Last edited by Dispatch_mama; 09-22-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• If anyone needs their class A's, let me know. I have a full set, brand new: 2 short sleeve, 2 long sleeves in 17" 34/35, 2 pairs of pants 38" waist, as well as the coat 48 regular.

PM me for photos of the items and more details

Comment

• Anyone else on here who did processing on August 15th, any news ?

Comment

• Has anyone received an offer for class 182 ?

Comment

• Logan44
            Logan44 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m on the waitlist, finished everything, I’m guessing your on there too?

• Anyone received Any notice yet

Comment

• Logan44
            Logan44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, still on the waitlist, did you enter backgrounds yet?

002 commented
            Editing a comment
            Logan44 yes I already completed background
            So. IDK what’s going on anymore

• 002, have they presented your file to the Chief of Police yet?

Comment

002 commented
            Editing a comment
            That was the last thing I was told
            That it was being sent up to the bored then the chief but I haven’t herd anything in over 3 months so I think I might be out of the running

• amosapian
            amosapian commented
            Editing a comment
            If I were you, I would contact the backgrounds office and either ask to speak to your BI or just ask your status in the process. Just say that you haven't heard anything in some time and wanted to make sure you're still being considered for the position.

• ggwill
            ggwill commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted. Wrong comment box.

• I wonder how many people just get the waitlist expired vs actually getting a non select letter.

Comment

• ggwill
            ggwill commented
            Editing a comment
            Papers expire at the end of this year. I turned in my questionnaires at the beginning of the year and have been waiting to be assigned a BI. I've called the backgrounds dept and they said I'm still eligible on the list and all I could do was wait until I get a call.

• amosapian
            amosapian commented
            Editing a comment
            That doesn't seem to make any sense on why they are taking so long. They have literally told you to just wait? What did they say will happen if you're not assigned by the end of the year?

• ggwill
            ggwill commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll get a notification from them letting me know that my documents hit the one year mark and I'll have to restart the hiring process. All they told me was that there are a lot of applicants and very little background investigators.

• amosapian
            amosapian commented
            Editing a comment
            ggwill: I wouldn't have thought there were a lot of applicants. I thought they have had trouble getting people to apply for OPD.

• How long is the waitlist active?

Comment

• Logan44
            Logan44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Usually a year from the date you applied.

• Any new news for anyone in the process? Next academy is in February.

Comment

• Buendia510
            Buendia510 commented
            Editing a comment
            No news I believe they haven't made offers yet

• amosapian
            amosapian commented
            Editing a comment
            Last I heard they are supposed to be presenting some files to the chief next week. Has anybody done their medical or psych yet?

• Logan44
            Logan44 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think most of us here haven’t taken the medical or psych, my guess is the most of us who are still posting are finished backgrounds and are just waiting to hear something.

• If your not selected do they send an email or a letter.

Comment

• Buendia510
            Buendia510 commented
            Editing a comment
            Everything is sent through email

• Very strange that some are still waiting around even for a background investigator (like me). I have still been waiting ever since I passed interviews in June and have not heard anything on when I start the background process. Doesn't make sense because they're constantly posting that they are hiring all over social media yet have a lot of people waiting around.

Comment

002 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea that’s frustrating

• ggwill
            ggwill commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same thought too...about them constantly hiring yet I see a lot of people just waiting for a response.

• I was told on Halloween that my file was going to be presented the next week and if not the following for sure. It’s going on week five now and still nothing. It’s very confusing because it seemed like things were moving quickly, but maybe not.
          I’m not sure if the election and change of positions have delayed anything.

Comment

• Stargazing642
            Stargazing642 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, when did you receive your CJO?

• amosapian
            amosapian commented
            Editing a comment
            I received it Thursday the 6th.

• Logan44
            Logan44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!

002 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8713 users online. 478 members and 8235 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X