Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sure hope so. I'm also waiting to hear from another agency as well. My only advise really is to just be honest through the whole process as well as be yourself. Once you meet with your BI, put it all on the table because if your not truthful then they will see that and your done! Not quite sure what you mean regarding the PT?

Comment

• **** well at least I know I’m not the only one I’m stuck in the same boat . I finished everything back in April and all I’ve heard is that I’m in the eligibility list has anybody been picked up yet

Comment

• ggwill
        ggwill commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, I hope you and I get picked up soon. According to Dr7, the date you applied doesn't seem to be much of a factor. I swear my test scores weren't bad at all!

• That sucks they rushed everything in April background polygraph finger scan and then it came to a complete halt all I finally got is that I’m on the eligibility list but I just got that like last week. I heard some departments rank you on the list but Oakland didn’t give me a number or anything. So now am just Playing the waiting game

Comment

• Hmmm... that's really odd to hear that a lot of you rushed very quickly to finish everything but have been playing the waiting game since then. The one whos finished their stuff in April, I think you guys might be going for the August Academy! Last Academy I know of starting (correct me if im wrong) is May. Those spots may have already been filled by the time you guys finished everything. Some of the people I know got rushed to finished everything as well for us who passed interviews in June. I however haven't heard anything back other then that I am on the eligibility list. I hope I start backgrounds soon at least and get that process going. I'm just assuming that if you've done everything, there shouldn't be much to worry about. If they didn't want you guys I dont see why they would put you through all the other stuff.

Comment

• I went to oral boards in June . Then background processing appt. a few days after I received a call for polygraph went in that Saturday and got that done. A few days after that I received a call from my background investigator for me to meet with him. He asked me for a few more things . He contacted my parents last week and asked them some questions. I had the live scan fingerprinting this past Saturday . Now just waiting to hear what’s next.

Comment

• I called backgrounds to check if I was still on their eligibility list. They said I’m still pending for a background investigator. So this is really just a waiting game for us. Since I turned in my PHS around January/February, I have a year from that date before my paperwork is no longer valid. Meaning I’d have to reapply. I hope it doesn’t get to that point...

Comment

• Smarques
              Smarques commented
              Editing a comment
              Everyone has different timing . I wonder if they have a ranking list. Opd get so many applicants.

002 commented
              Editing a comment
              They must have a ranking system or something in place I called them as well and asked but all they said that I was on the eligibility list no ranking number given and that they would contact me ...... pretty much told me to stop F!!!!!!ing calling lol I guess they are getting a lot of calls about what’s going on

• When is the next academy’s? I’ve heard august but I have also heard October?

Comment

002 commented
              Editing a comment
              When I called they told me late August but they didn’t have a set date

• Where is everyone at in the process?

Comment

• Anyone Hear anything yet?? This waiting game sucks

Comment

• I'm still waiting too man. Waiting to get called for medical

Comment

002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here waiting on medical

• I hope I get my background investigator before all my paperwork expires.I really don't want to restart this process all over again, especially since I didn't fail any part of the process.

Comment

002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wen did you apply

• ggwill
                  ggwill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  beginning of the year.

• How long does it typically take to get invited to the appointment where you submit all your documents like your birth certificate, college transcripts, etc. ? After passing interviews

Comment

002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got invited about 2 to 3 weeks After that

• Dr7
                  Dr7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, its been about 6 weeks for me since passing interviews. Hopefully soon then!

002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should here something soon

• Anyone get their medical and psych dates yet?

Comment

002 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Am still waiting

• Smarques
                  Smarques commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not yet . I talked to my background investigator this past Monday he said he was done with my packet . It would then go to Cheif and board with all the other applicants background packets and they would select people to continue on to next step of process. He said it may be a few weeks before that happens.

• Stargazing642
                  Stargazing642 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right. I’ve been on the Eligibility List since May and have been on a few ride alongs so far, haven’t been moved up in the process yet. From what others have been telling me, they are all still stuck on the eligibility list too. Wonder if we will even be considered for the academy at the end of the month.

• This is getting depressing playing this waithing game am I in or not Wtf is going on wirh Oakland

Comment

• ggwill
                  ggwill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right there with you. I'm checking this forum every day and constantly checking my email for any updates.

• Oakland did another background appointment and still didn't get invited to it! It's a bummer because I felt i interviewed very well. Now comes more waiting i guess..

Comment

• ggwill
                  ggwill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What do you mean by background appt? How long have you been waiting? I’ve been considering trying other departments while waiting for OPD. I’ve been only trying to get into Oakland for a while now.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7085 users online. 407 members and 6678 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X