Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once all the steps are done, is there a Chiefs interview? Or is it just a review board? I’ve gotten conflicting information from other LEO so I would really like to hear from someone with first hand experience.

Comment

• I asked an aquintance of my in the department, who has been an officer for a few years now, and he said that there was no cheif's interview for him. However my BI told me that even if he clears me to go through, I would still have to go through other heads of the department and the Chief. I am assuming it is a case by case basis. I am sure that the cheif doesn't have the time or resources to meet with every single recruit that goes through the process.

Comment

• Hello everyone. I am currently on track to (hopefully) be selected for January 2018 academy. The process started with the physical. 2 -3 weeks later i had my oral. Scored 90.63% and ranked top ten on the list. About 4 weeks later i was invited to the back ground general meeting where all applicants turned in the required documents. About 3-4 weeks after that I took my poly ( was not told results).2 week later my BI contacted me (3 week back ground) and concluded my investigation with a meeting to go over social media. I later was contacted to do another poly (specific issue) that very morning before my second poly i received a conditional job offer. I figured since they gave me that my original poly wasnt terrible. After my second poly i waited about a week and got scedualed for my pysch. The day after i got my pysch scedualed i got an email for my live scan. I am currently hoping that all is going well. Would not make sense to pay 1500 for my pysch if my poly was terrible. I have met some people in the same steps as me and some people who haven’t even heard from a BI. Don’t ask me how i got lucky because I’m in the dark just as everyone else. Hopes that cleared things up for some some folks. Sorry for grammar. I am currently on the toilet typing this .

Comment

• Hey there, congratulations. It sounds like you’re almost completely done with the process. I was never told what position I am on the eligibility list, but per my BI my background should be done by Friday. I went to the Background Processing on 11/2, was contacted by my BI and met with him on 11/16 and had a polygraph on 11/18 (OPD does not give results to applicants). Sounds like I still have a little ways to go.
          Last edited by jdc3599; 12-14-2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: Wrong date.

Comment

• jdc3599 what application batch are you in? MIne is 179B

Comment

• Normand47 I’m in 180A

Comment

• jdc3599 hey man I was part of the 11/2 background appointment as well for the 180A class and took my polygraph on 11/08 but haven’t been contacted by any background investigator yet. Did you call them to inquire about your status or did they call you? It’s been over a month and a half now so I’m a little tad bit anxious haha. Thanks.

Comment

• Stargazing642 Hey there, I think it’s strange that you haven’t had a BI call you yet. The BI called me directly, I didn’t have to call them. I’ve had a few officers tell me that in these cases no news is good news, if you haven’t received a DQ you’re still in the running. However, it has been a while, maybe you should give them a call (not the sergeant). The BI told me that the academy is at the end of January or some people from the list will be pushed back to the next academy; he wasn’t sure when the next one is.

Comment

• jdc3599 I took the pysch on Wednesday and have my live scan next month. Haven’t heard about my medical yet. I called and he told me that I was likely to be going into the June academy but he said that can change.

Comment

• Normand47 Hey man, thanks for the info. I just received a conditional offer today via email and am going to turn the forms in tomorrow so I can get scheduled for psych and medical.

Comment

• Did your conditional offer say which academy it was trying to put you in?

Comment

• No, it doesn’t mention an academy date.

Comment

• My contacts were contacted today! Still no word from my background investigator though. Took my polygraph 6 weeks ago haha but no news is good news I think right? Anyways, best of luck to everyone and hopefully we can all make it through soon.

Comment

• motorcycleguy
                              motorcycleguy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Are your references contacted by email or snail mail? thanks!

• Stargazing642
                              Stargazing642 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              motorcycleguy They were first all contacted by email and some of them were called. I was contacted by my background investigator to go over a few things and set up an appointment date to which I can meet up with him

• Last PAT meeting they told us that the January academy is full FYI. Has anyone done the medical Oakland? I haven’t been hair/blood tested yet! Do they do that then? And how do they test for it? Also do they test heart rate stuff and running?

Comment

• Eagle123
                              Eagle123 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Did you get your medical scheduled yet? That’s all I have left

• Has anybody been scheduled for the medical yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5834 users online. 328 members and 5506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X