Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO404
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything about the January academy??

Leave a comment:

• LEO404
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! Good luck!

• MMAAKA
    replied
    started the background investigation. my live scan is going to be done on 1/4/20

Leave a comment:

• MMAAKA
    replied
    thank you leo404

Leave a comment:

• LEO404
    commented on 's reply
    Your ranking is basically your desirability as an applicant. The better your rank the faster they are going to want to move forward with your hiring process. Passing the oral board is the important part. Focus on making sure your background info is perfect and make the best impression you can when you start backgrounds.
    Remember that everything is a test.

• MMAAKA
    replied
    185A here. Was notified via email I passed my oral that took place 12/3. I was told on 12/6 that I place 30 on the list. Ouch. I know it’s a little low but better then nothing. So do I assume I’m number 30 in line for there background?
    -9/18 submitted application and test scores (NTN)
    -10/22 notified I was to move forward.
    -10/29 invited to take PAT
    -11/16 took PAT (passed)
    -11/22 invited to oral board
    -12/1 oral board work shop
    -12/3 oral board interview.
    -12/6 notified I passed placed 30.
    -12/11 notified that I will move forward to background investigation
    -12/17 started background investigation and all documents and pics taken at the department
    -12/22 OPD checked my credit report. ( was notified by my account on MYFICO.COM that someone pulled my credit report )
    -1/3 notified for my Polygraph
    -1/4 went to OPD to have a LIVESCAN done for my background check.
    -1/10 went in to take my polygraph ( results pending )
    -1/10 livescan background was completed ( you can check on then CADOJ website and enter the ATI number they put down on the pink slip.) ( FBI completed 1/4, CADOJ completed 1/9, ATF completed 1/10) I currently have a FFL license from the ATF and a high capacity magazine permit and CFD number ( California firearm dealer number ) from the CADOJ, so I am not sure if this helped pushed my back ground through.
    Last edited by MMAAKA; 01-10-2020, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LEO404
    replied
    I’m in the 183B, nothing here...

Leave a comment:

• Spencerforhire
    replied
    I meant 184A or 184B sorry

Leave a comment:

• Spencerforhire
    replied
    Any updates for 185A or 185B?

Leave a comment:

• InZain08
    replied
    Does anyone from 184A have any updates to share?

Leave a comment:

• Recruit3185
    commented on 's reply
    From the time line it looks like we took poly around the same time. I don’t know , it’s a waiting game at this point. If I did not do well on Poly I would assume I would of gotten something in the mail by now but it’s just been extremely quiet

• InZain08
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, our initial meeting was focused primarily on reviewing my PHS but it was also a chance for the investigator to get to know the person behind the paper. The polygraph was only brought up once during the meeting and it was to verify a piece of information I had provided to the polygrapher.

In the end it turned into a Q&A where we learned about one another, spoke about the department and the hiring process moving forward, and what to expect from life as a peace officer.

• Recruit3185
    commented on 's reply
    Did you meet with your BI to go over your PHQ? Did they mention anything about the polygraph test that you took?

• InZain08
    replied
    My BI mentioned that he will be conducting a home visit in the near future before he concludes my background investigation which could be within the next couple of weeks. OPD may be conducting fire operations and/or assisting other agencies with the various fires currently burning. That could definitely hamper the process for candidates.

Leave a comment:

• Recruit3185
    replied
    No updates yet. What about you? I’m debating if I should email her , but then again I think I should just wait and let the process work itself out. Yes that’s what I will be doing, while I wait.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3456 users online. 147 members and 3309 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X