300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
    I got into backgrounds in March 2016. I am scheduled for live scan and after that I am done with the process, so hopefully I will hear something soon.
    So they had you in the selection process for close to 2 years?

Comment

• jpa1990
      jpa1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah just about.

• I finished poly/background/psych/med/live scan just waiting for the call. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
      I finished poly/background/psych/med/live scan just waiting for the call. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats. I done my medical back in august and need to do psych and livescan. But haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Confirmed today with R&B that the OPD academy begins on Monday May 22nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by kassy13 View Post
          Confirmed today with R&B that the OPD academy begins on Monday May 22nd.
          Kassy, you did medical too right? They made me do medical but haven't done psych exam. Wonder if they have already a batch done with all the process.

Comment

• Yes. I did finish off everything (Polygraph, Psych, Medical and Live scan)

Comment

• GT00
              GT00 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long have you been in the process?

• my process was very interesting to most of the part. I had 2 BI and been 2 years and 6 moths rolling dices. Well, I hoping to hear something. I am still deciding whether continue with a BA program or do self-sponsor next year.

Comment

• Hey guys, just want throw some hopes. I don't know how many been waiting for so long, but don't give up or feel discouraged. Keep applying to agencies. I've been in this blog since I applied 2 years ago. I was not even expecting to do medical after not hearing for while. Now back to the wait but get keep hustling and achieve this goal for ourselves and whoever count on us

Comment

• Yes I agree. I've been in the process now 1 year and 7 months. Though I finished everything from the application all the way to the medical in 1 year and 4 months. I don't get why some are made to wait longer and why they continue posting the same job for new applicants, when they haven't finished processing the current applicants. Maybe it's to have a vault of applicants to draw from anytime. I can't say much, but I was contacted to verify some information and they mentioned they were reviewing applicants full packets. (character review by COP) My information was accepted. Due to the OPD scandal, every tiny detail is being evaluated. I don't know more, so just waiting.....I'll update if any new info is received.
                Last edited by kassy13; 04-29-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• I wanted to bump this thread back up and see if there are any familiar faces

Just did the PAT today, were any of you guys there?

Comment

• GT00
                    GT00 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi, I did my PAT in October of 2016.

• HopefullySFPD
                    HopefullySFPD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea I was there, what was your completed Time of the obstacle course ?

• epicscrant
                    epicscrant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1:48
                    I was the second to last to take the test so I was there the entire time.

• Cool
                  did you do ur oral board after?

Comment

• GT00
                    GT00 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I received an email to attend the oral boards a month after the PAT.
                    Last edited by GT00; 06-01-2017, 01:44 AM. Reason: Incorrect Grammar

• im not testing with OPD but just to update you guys, OPD already hired 31 ppl for their May 25th academy, but good luck on your process

Comment

• GT00
                    GT00 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since your not testing with OPD, than where exactly are you getting your information from?

• Legion90
                    Legion90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    a friend of mine who got accepted into the academy.

• I am currently in the backgrounds phase of the hiring process. I am getting a few runs in every week. If anyone lives close to the San Jose area and would like to have a running and fitness buddy, please feel free to PM me.
                  Last edited by GT00; 06-01-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Update: I did clear and was finally selected for the current academy. All the best to all. If I hear any more info on the next academy month/date, I'll be sure to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by kassy13 View Post
                      Update: I did clear and was finally selected for the current academy. All the best to all. If I hear any more info on the next academy month/date, I'll be sure to share.
                      Congratulations, how was your first week so far? I was told that the next academy would likely be in mid-August.
                      Last edited by GT00; 06-02-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• kassy13
                        kassy13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Appreciated. First week was great; settled in now. And yes, you are right about the approximate date/month of the next academy.

• GT00
                        GT00 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can you give us some insight on what you did exactly on your first week (especially the physical training) and some advice for potential OPD academy attendees?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6077 users online. 356 members and 5721 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X