300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
    Have anyone with CO heard anything from opd ? Been a month since done medical and on wait .
    Hey man, OPD is going thru a lot of changes. I don't think we will hear anything anytime soon. Its best to just apply to other depts and keep everything how it is with opd.

Comment

• I agree..
      Anyone who is holding their breath waiting for a call from opd has got ISSUES!.
      Opd had candidates that finished the entire process and were just waiting on a call.

Opd decided to hire just 28 recruits,the smallest academy in years! Its not like they didn't have room for anymore,they just chose the 28 they really liked..
      According to the city council, they are going to keep class sizes small for the next few years..

Just don't hold your breath, move on!!! If the call comes, great!!!

Comment

• There are so many agencies to apply to, why wait for an agency that's not hiring? Lol

Comment

• I totally agree . Hope will get pick up soon before May by other agencies .

Comment

• Yup. Good luck to you

Comment

Last edited by kassy13; 01-27-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kassy13 View Post
                Did you get any news from OPD?

Comment

• Sadly no news yet. I follow the Public Safety Commitee meetings that live stream every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The live stream on the 4th Tuesday, includes a staffing update/report section. OPD's Personnel Director provides recruiting and background updates, academy info, attrition rates and pretty much general staffing data. The live stream videos are also saved on the city website under the city council section.

(City Council > Our Work > Council Meetings)

So far, no mention of the next academy date (only data for all academies until the 176th one, which completes in May 2017). Every one else is still on pending status per 'Backgrounds'.

The department audit, that the Mayor requested, was completed ahead of schedule and already presented to her office. The next academy was anticipated to be no sooner than May 2017. But still no public response or documented reaction to the audit.

Comment

• I done my medical back in august -September ; as we got closer to October I did not hear anything . Called and asked when would I do my psychological exam and was told is on hands of admin. Since October haven't heard anything . However , next academy will be on May. I did San Jose PD and got non selected . Now ,back on school getting my associates for transfer , but might self sponsor myself through an academy .

Comment

• For some reason they are not being forthcoming, so it's a lot of back and forth or vague answers. Plus the academies are down to small numbers 20-25. As someone mentioned earlier, OPD is just not our best bet for now. At least not solely. All the best!

Comment

Last edited by jpa1990; 02-27-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Last edited by jpa1990; 03-07-2017, 01:12 AM. Reason: .....................

Comment

• Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
                            I finally got scheduled for my medical. Who else is waiting?
                            I'm waiting too . Did medical back in August but psych test . It been about 6 months haven't heard , but hope get the email or call

Comment

• Any words yet guys? Haven't heard since did medical back in October. Is the acadmey for sure in May?

Comment

• Only a call to very information; from the actual medical testing site. I didn't ask if they were asked by the department to contact me. It seems there was miscommunication, and the medical testing site hadn't forwarded one aspect of my medical clearance to the department. So she wanted to clear me and send it over. I responded via email. She said she would call me only if she needed more info. This was earlier this past week. No further contact.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8701 users online. 481 members and 8220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X