• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing here either

Comment

• Soon we will guys .

Comment

• For those who are embarking on their Psych exam good luck. Hope your examiner is a tad more professional with you.

Here is my exchange nearly verbatim.

This started my interview:

Examiner: How much was stolen from your wife’s 401K?
        Me: You know, I don’t think I am going to answer you on that one. It has nothing to do with your evaluation of my suitability to be a law enforcement officer.
        Examiner: Look sir, I can make or break your Law Enforcement career. I can write whatever the hell I want about you.
        Me: Is that what you do here? Write whatever the hell you want? Seams unprofessional. The value of my wife’s 401K has nothing to do with my test results. Besides, it is a Federal case pending before the DOL. No matter what you want to write I am not going to comment on the valuation of her 401K nor anything related to a pending case my wife and I are pursuing.

My Examiner then proceeded to apologize ….ending it with she was just curious and had a friend face some similar issue but not from the theft of 401K.

Next set of questions? ah yes, I see you really could write anything,

This has no reflection on OPD Recruiting, nor my Background investigator who have always been professional.

I am a non-selected candidate and more than likely tested out as not suited for the position or scored lower than others.

The above exchange just leaves one wondering and that is why those who administer this process should conduct themselves professionally at all times.

Congratulations to those of you who are moving on!

Makes one wonder what she wrote...... I would love to see my results.
        Last edited by lmroc; 10-06-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmroc View Post
          For those who are embarking on their Psych exam good luck. Hope your examiner is a tad more professional with you.

Here is my exchange nearly verbatim if not exact.

This started my interview:

Examiner: How much was stolen from your wife’s 401K?
          Me: You know, I don’t think I am going to answer you on that one. It has nothing to do with your evaluation of my suitability to be a law enforcement officer.
          Examiner: Look sir, I can make or break your Law Enforcement career. I can write whatever the hell I want about you.
          Me: Is that what you do here? Write whatever the hell you want? Seams unprofessional. The value of my wife’s 401K has nothing to do with my test results. Besides, it is a Federal case pending before the DOL. No matter what you want to write I am not going to comment on the valuation of her 401K nor anything related to a pending case my wife and I are pursuing.

My Examiner then proceeded to apologize ….ending it with she was just curious and had a friend face some similar issue but not from the theft of 401K.

Next set of questions? ah yes, I see you really could write anything,

This has no reflection on OPD Recruiting, nor my Background investigator who have always been professional.

I am a non-selected candidate and more than likely tested out as not suited for the position or scored lower than others.

The above exchange just leaves one wondering and that is why those who administer this process should conduct themselves professionally at all times.

Congratulations to those of you who are moving on!

Makes one wonder what she wrote...... I would love to see my results.
          Imroc
          I'm sorry to hear that. It's stinks how subjective this process is, but I guess it's their game and we are just playing it by their rules..
          How did you find this info out? We're you called or did they send u a letter?

Anyway, I wish you good luck
          Last edited by Tobeleo1; 10-03-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Omg, I'm so sorry dude! You should appeal it!

Comment

• Thanks guys!....... Appeal? I don't think bringing drama to a department that has quite a bit on their plate is the right path. They have hundreds of people to process so loosing a person or two is not an issue for them. I was not notified. I did reach out to my Background investigator who said I would be notified in writing either way but.....when I phoned, just recently, I was informed that my file would end at the end of September.

Comment

• So your background investigator let you know?

Comment

• Legian90 - No contact from my back ground investigator.
                  Last edited by lmroc; 10-03-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• done all the process except pysch and live scan . is anyone waiting for pysch ? dont know if will make to october31

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
                      done all the process except pysch and live scan . is anyone waiting for pysch ? dont know if will make to october31
                      Have you gotten a conditional offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post

Have you gotten a conditional offer?
                        In order to do medical, they must give a conditional offer. So Im sure he's got it.

How'd your medical go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post

In order to do medical, they must give a conditional offer. So Im sure he's got it.

How'd your medical go?
                          True, but it's so weird how they haven't scheduled his psych yet. Hopefully they will soon.

It it went well, except it was so long. They took forever lol

Comment

• I did get Co and medical done a month ago. I'm applying for other agencies at this point . I've been 1 year and 11 months . If not put in this academy will not wait another 5 'months to march academy which suppose to either suspended or delayed , according to the news

Comment

• Anyone have any other updates? I was assuming we would have heard something by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.irocz View Post
                                Anyone have any other updates? I was assuming we would have heard something by now.
                                Nothing here man!!

I thought cruel and unusual punishment was against the constitution. Lol

Figured we would here something by now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8430 users online. 428 members and 8002 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X