Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reference of a specific academy is given on my COE. I can't speak for OPD or, my Investigator handing me a set of physical fitness pages and wanting my results while working on my background.

Found Warriors in Training, Pleasanton to physically turn things around.

Maybe that was what he was communicating without communicating

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
      I was never given a fitness test. What is that? Please elaborate.
      Also, on your COE, does it state which acadamy you are testing for?
      What I looked on line was an entry level police academy physical standard . The page says : certain number of push ups , sit ups , pull ups , and the mile and half POST standard .

Tobelo the process goes as application, physical , written , oral , seminar , prelimimary background and pyscho1 , polygraph , background investigation , character review ( review board ), post offer CO, pyscho2 and medical and finger prints .
      In my experience took me 8-9 months to complete background , and waiting for the review board for CO for pyscho 2 and medical / finger prints . One of my friends got hired 2 years ago . It took him few weeks to get the CO after background was done and with medical test he got the invite for the academy which is the final offer. The character review for most of agencies is based on the 10 POST Dimensions
      Last edited by m_sharif; 06-29-2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• @ M_sharif - Don't sweat the psych exam. Outside of you revealing you hear voices added with you do whatever the voices tell you, most have no issues.....well, those who don't try and manipulate their answers to appear as someone they are not. Advice abounds on this subject with the main theme: answer the questions for you

Good luck to you! ......I think you find it really nothing to have placed much energy at.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmroc View Post
          @ M_sharif - Don't sweat the psych exam. Outside of you revealing you hear voices added with you do whatever the voices tell you, most have no issues.....well, those who don't try and manipulate their answers to appear as someone they are not. Advice abounds on this subject with the main theme: answer the questions for you

Good luck to you! ......I think you find it really nothing to have placed much energy at.
          Imroc
          Thanks for your reply. I'm sure everyone's application is unique and tailored to each individual. I hope you continue in your progression with opd.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
            What I looked on line was an entry level police academy physical standard . The page says : certain number of push ups , sit ups , pull ups , and the mile and half POST standard .

Tobelo the process goes as application, physical , written , oral , seminar , prelimimary background and pyscho1 , polygraph , background investigation , character review ( review board ), post offer CO, pyscho2 and medical and finger prints .
            In my experience took me 8-9 months to complete background , and waiting for the review board for CO for pyscho 2 and medical / finger prints . One of my friends got hired 2 years ago . It took him few weeks to get the CO after background was done and with medical test he got the invite for the academy which is the final offer. The character review for most of agencies is based on the 10 POST Dimensions
            Sm,
            I was referring to the 10 page physical Imroc had discussed in an earlier post..
            I hope you get you offer soon and let us know.
            Best of luck m_sharif.

Comment

Sm,
              I was referring to the 10 page physical Imroc had discussed in an earlier post..
              I hope you get you offer soon and let us know.
              Best of luck m_sharif.
              Yah , still waiting . Hope will hear something soon . Was debating whether apply to other agencies now but will just wait at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by ThirteenXray View Post
                What's the PT like?
                Pt is not that bad there is days with high intensity workouts, just prepare with cardio and a lot of body weight excercises. As long as you don't quit that's all they want to see. And they are hiring a lot right now we have 5 classes going

Comment

• Originally posted by Ap1987 View Post
                  Pt is not that bad there is days with high intensity workouts, just prepare with cardio and a lot of body weight excercises. As long as you don't quit that's all they want to see. And they are hiring a lot right now we have 5 classes going

I go to gym 4 -5 times in a week . Do lots cardio and weight lifts. Hope I go to acadmey on October and still gives me 3 months to work out . Also , going to shooting range .

Hs anyone done with backgrounds too and waiting for the conditional offer ?

Comment

• Law_ enforcer_
                    Hey bud I just sent you a pm.

Check your pm
                    Last edited by Tobeleo1; 07-08-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• I called backgrounds and waiting for the review board . Don't know when is going to be nor a time frame but there's an October academy . Is anyone waiting for the review board too ?

Does anyone knows how's the review board ? Just hoping to get selected after 1 year and 8 months in the process
                      Last edited by m_sharif; 07-08-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I called backgrounds and waiting for the review board . Don't know when is going to be nor a time frame but there's an October academy . Is anyone waiting for the review board too ?

Does anyone knows how's the review board ? Just hoping to get selected after 1 year and 8 months in the process
                        M_sharif,
                        Did you have a good dialogue with your bi? Did he/she say you have a good chance to make it? It seems to me that you are in the dark. How did you find out that your BI was completed?
                        I would contact your BI and ask about the next step.

Good luck

Comment

M_sharif,
                          Did you have a good dialogue with your bi? Did he/she say you have a good chance to make it? It seems to me that you are in the dark. How did you find out that your BI was completed?
                          I would contact your BI and ask about the next step.

Good luck
                          With OPD was told when my background started and when it was completed . I've seen other agencies which I dropped out with an actual time line of events (San Jose PD) . I don't know if will be contacted By OPD nor when and for which academy . All I know is I have no disqualifications . Im applying for other agencies and will continue with college classes too . The best bet for anyone is apply for as many agencies you can and continue do what you do till you get a final offer of employment
                          Last edited by m_sharif; 07-08-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

With OPD was told when my background started and when it was completed . I've seen other agencies which I dropped out with an actual time line of events (San Jose PD) . I don't know if will be contacted By OPD nor when and for which academy . All I know is I have no disqualifications . Im applying for other agencies and will continue with college classes too . The best bet for anyone is apply for as many agencies you can and continue do what you do till you get a final offer of employment
                            Turn on your pms bro

Comment

• It been 2 weeks since my background was complete and waiting to see if I get notify by OPD .

Comment

• Just received my psych date for the end of the month. Anybody here do the psych for opd that could shed some light?

Thanks in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3583 users online. 256 members and 3327 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X