Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
    How do u know my last name lol
    We work together , haha . You posted in San Jose roght ? And I'm in SF area .

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
      We work together , haha . You posted in San Jose roght ? And I'm in SF area .
      I think you are mistaken bro.
      Who do u work for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
        I think you are mistaken bro.
        Who do u work for?
        Sorry then . Paragon .

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
          Sorry then . Paragon .
          I just pm you

Comment

• It
            Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
            With all the info. leaking all over the news it is disturbing to hear that the officers involved in these allegations are those who have yet to hit there 5 year mark. I personally feel discourage to join OPD, but at the same time I want to be a part of the positive changes that will soon come to the Department.

Jpa1990,

Any word from background? Did you call yet?

Comment

• I called backgrounds they said my background is "pending", so all I'm doing now is applying else where. I've been putting all my eggs in one basket.
              Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
              It

Jpa1990,

Any word from background? Did you call yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
                I called backgrounds they said my background is "pending", so all I'm doing now is applying else where. I've been putting all my eggs in one basket.
                Can I ask what your strategy has been? Have you just been applying everywhere that's hiring or have you been targeting only specific departments you could see yourself having a long term career at?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Callofthewild; 06-25-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Focusing on a department where I see a long term career.

Originally posted by Callofthewild View Post
                  Can I ask what your strategy has been? Have you just been applying everywhere that's hiring or have you been targeting only specific departments you could see yourself having a long term career at?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sfpd is hiring I'm in their academy and it is a big department with a lot of potential to move to different areas. The academy is great

Comment

• Originally posted by Ap1987 View Post
                      The academy is great
                      What's the PT like?
                      “Cowards die many times before their deaths;
                      The valiant never taste of death but once.
                      Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
                      It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
                      Seeing that death, a necessary end,
                      Will come when it will come.”

Comment

• Does anyone one knows when is the hiring board for October academy ?
                        Also , does anyone has insight of the psycho2 test ?
                        Last edited by m_sharif; 06-27-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• @ M_sharif regarding insight of the psych test. You will find most reluctant to comment on specifics of the psych exam so that they are not disqualified for the reveal.

In general, you serve yourself and the position well if you answer true for yourself. Answering how you think an ideal cadet would answer can and does get one bounced. It is nearly the last hurdle. Why not just let the "dice" roll.

My exam was taken three months ago and last I checked my file is being reviewed. July academy position? I hope so.. could I be non-selected? Having met some of the guys at "Backgrounds" yes could be others are more of what they are looking for even if I believe my life experience looks mighty good on paper.

It is still a competition..... as it should be.

Best of luck to all of you in the process with Oakland!
                          Last edited by lmroc; 06-28-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmroc View Post
                            @ M_sharif regarding insight of the psych test. You will find most reluctant to comment on specifics of the psych exam so that they are not disqualified for the reveal.

In general, you serve yourself and the position well if you answer true for yourself. Answering how you think an ideal cadet would answer can and does get one bounced. It is nearly the last hurdle. Why not just let the "dice" roll.

My exam was taken three months ago and last I checked my file is being reviewed. July academy position? I hope so.. could I be non-selected? Having met some of the guys at "Backgrounds" yes could be others are more of what they are looking for even if I believe my life experience looks mighty good on paper.

It is still a competition..... as it should be.

Best of luck to all of you in the process with Oakland!
                            Imroc,
                            How long did it take you to clear background, from first contact by Bi to completion? When did you sign you CO? Finally, when did you do psych?

By the way congrats!

Comment

• @Tobeleo- met with background investigator late in the evening at OPD facility on 12/14/2015. Given two pages of an OPD fitness test. Had self tested results sent to him within 10 days. 01/29/2016 he reported that he submitted background file.
                              Sent for psych exam on 3/3/2016 and the CO was submitted to them two days prior.
                              Last edited by lmroc; 06-29-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmroc View Post
                                @Tobeleo- met with background investigator late in the evening at OPD facility on 12/14/2015. Given two pages of an OPD fitness test. Had self tested results sent to him within 10 days. 01/29/2016 he reported that he submitted background file.
                                Sent for psych exam on 3/3/2016 and the CO was submitted to them two days prior.
                                I was never given a fitness test. What is that? Please elaborate.
                                Also, on your COE, does it state which acadamy you are testing for?
                                Last edited by Tobeleo1; 06-29-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2798 users online. 191 members and 2607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X