Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...-pending-audit

Sm, here is tge article you are referring to.

July and October are progressing as planned.

Sm, when did you officially clear background?
    A week ago . Still waiting on the conditional offer . My friend , who went to the academy in July 2015, said took him few weeks after to receive it and the process moves fast after that .

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
      A week ago . Still waiting on the conditional offer . My friend , who went to the academy in July 2015, said took him few weeks after to receive it and the process moves fast after that .
      Yes sir,
      Everyone's progression is different.I'm just glad they are continuing with the hiring process. In turbulent times, people tend to overreact in hopes of correcting the issue (s). Right now Opd is facing a pretty embarrassing time because A few jackasses decided to abuse the very powers that were given to them, giving a black eye to the department as a whole. Although all agencies have some rotten apples, this particular sex scandal has embarrassed everyone in the Opd.

Comment

Yes sir,
        Everyone's progression is different.I'm just glad they are continuing with the hiring process. In turbulent times, people tend to overreact in hopes of correcting the issue (s). Right now Opd is facing a pretty embarrassing time because A few jackasses decided to abuse the very powers that were given to them, giving a black eye to the department as a whole. Although all agencies have some rotten apples, this particular sex scandal has embarrassed everyone in the Opd.
        The irony is that the whole reason OPD ended up with lower quality recruits is because the city council said not enough minorities were passing the written test and getting through the backgrounds. So OPD lowered the pelletb minimum score to 35(as opposed to the normal 45) just so they could get more minorities. And now that some bad recruits got through, the city council is outraged because they asked OPD to lower their standards.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Callofthewild View Post
          The irony is that the whole reason OPD ended up with lower quality recruits is because the city council said not enough minorities were passing the written test and getting through the backgrounds. So OPD lowered the pelletb minimum score to 35(as opposed to the normal 45) just so they could get more minorities. And now that some bad recruits got through, the city council is outraged because they asked OPD to lower their standards.
          Yeah.... not sure this is the case. Not that I wouldn't put such absurd request out of reach of that council, although I don't recall seeing any published minimum below 45. It would explain why my 68 was overlooked once. Still, the pellet-b only proved you can read at an 8th grade level. It certainly isn't a predictor of a good cop.

I should stop commenting on this.... I don't have anything nice to say about the city, only that the majority of OPD are far better human beings than given credit for.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CAprotectNserve;3896220]Yeah.... not sure this is the case. Not that I wouldn't put such absurd request out of reach of that council, although I don't recall seeing any published minimum below 45. It would explain why my 68 was overlooked once. Still, the pellet-b only proved you can read at an 8th grade level. It certainly isn't a predictor of a good cop.

I should stop commenting on this.... I don't have anything nice to say aboutven credit for.[/QUOTE
            Last edited by Tobeleo1; 06-23-2016, 09:35 PM. Reason: Midtske

Comment

Well said,
              I don't know where he got 35 from.. Lol
              I didn't score 68, however I did have a respectable 59.5.

Please do us all a favor Calloftgewild,
              GET your Facts straight before posting in this forum. I'm a pretty nice guy, but seeing posts with incorrect information like the one you posted is really irritating.

I hope you received higher than a 35 bro, but just incase you got 45 or 46, you can't Bragg to your buddies that you killed it on this test. You barley passed.. Lol
              Hmm I swear I saw a 35 minimum somewhere on either the OPD website or in email correspondence to me. Apologies for the wrong information then. Either way I scored a 62 on my first PELLETB so it's not an issue for me. My frustration around the city's lack of support for OPD and the latest scandals still stand though.

Comment

Well said,
                I don't know where he got 35 from.. Lol
                I didn't score 68, however I did have a respectable 59.5.

Please do us all a favor Calloftgewild,
                GET your Facts straight before posting in this forum. I'm a pretty nice guy, but seeing posts with incorrect information like the one you posted is really irritating.

I hope you received higher than a 35 bro, but just incase you got 45 or 46, you can't Bragg to your buddies that you killed it on this test. You barley passed.. Lol
                Bragg...incase...barley. Lose the attitude, you wannabe boot.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

• Hoping to get into the October academy. Just signed my conditional job offer. Waiting for Psych dates and medical.
                  Tommy

Comment

• Originally posted by Callofthewild View Post
                    Hmm I swear I saw a 35 minimum somewhere on either the OPD website or in email correspondence to me. Apologies for the wrong information then. Either way I scored a 62 on my first PELLETB so it's not an issue for me. My frustration around the city's lack of support for OPD and the latest scandals still stand though.

Understood,

I'm sure we all share the same frustrations, hence, my rant.
                    Didn't mean to come on too strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.irocz View Post
                      Hoping to get into the October academy. Just signed my conditional job offer. Waiting for Psych dates and medical.
                      Tommy
                      Congrats,
                      When did you have your background processing? How long to clear background?

Comment

Congrats,
                        When did you have your background processing? How long to clear background?
                        I turned in all documents for Background on March 25. I received the CJO on June 19....so it was about 2 months of background I believe.

What process are you in?
                        Last edited by mr.irocz; 06-23-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.irocz View Post
                          I turned in all documents for Background on March 25. I received the CJO on June 19....so it was about 2 months of background I believe.

What process are you in?
                          I also was at the March 25th processing.
                          Took poly April 11. Bi started may 11, cleared Bi June 10th. Signed conditional offer June 18th.

Like you, waiting on psych and medical.

What was your poly and Bi start date.

Comment

• I guess we all waiting for the pyschological exam and medical . I came from 172 D batch back December 2014 . Hope we get to do soon for October academy .

Comment

I also was at the March 25th processing.
                              Took poly April 11. Bi started may 11, cleared Bi June 10th. Signed conditional offer June 18th.

Like you, waiting on psych and medical.

What was your poly and Bi start date.
                              Tobelo,

I have a coworker of mine working with same company with last name . Is that you ? I'm sharif

Comment

• Originally posted by m_sharif View Post
                                Tobelo,

I have a coworker of mine working with same company with last name . Is that you ? I'm sharif
                                How do u know my last name lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3263 users online. 166 members and 3097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X