Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland Police dept

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COCO County Sheriff is hiring. What do you guys know about paying to become Post certified?

    Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
    Better start applying elsewhere guys

    http://m.eastbayexpress.com/SevenDay...ice-commission

    Comment


    • Does anyone knows when is the next academy after July ?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
        Better start applying elsewhere guys

        http://m.eastbayexpress.com/SevenDay...ice-commission
        My thoughts....
        -Sadly, Oakland is in desperate need of more officers for both their own safety and the public's.
        -Fact remains, many of the Oakland's officers are good and honest cops... who by no fault of their own, have their hands tied with local issues as well as baloney laws like Prop 47 which essentially give every criminal a solid career choice with few real consequences.
        -I shouldn't say it, but I will.... most of the citizens and civilians that are on their oral boards have no business being there as objective members evaluating candidates. Why? Because most of them are already so liberally biased that they don't like cops AND being objective does not require the candidate is the same color or ethnic background as they are. You can call me prejudiced when I'm not willing to risk my life for anyone, regardless of their ethnicity.
        -"This would allow the city auditor and OPD's inspector general to complete their audit of OPD's recruitment and training practices to figure out's what's broken, and how it can be fixed." Any rational minded person who makes decisions based on evidence and facts can easily see that "what's broken" has more to do with elected officials identifying with criminals more than they do with being a leader.

        The sayings "the system isn't fair, the sentence is unjust, people are being unfairly persecuted, nobody got hurt, etc." are frankly....well.... played the f out. Now Oakland is on a witch hunt for the bad cops instead of the bad policies.

        But I digress...... I should STFU myself or I'll never get hired telling truths like these. At least not by Oakland.

        Seriously, there are some damn good cops in Oakland. For the sake of the people in the city I hope that the "officials" grow up soon. They can't keep blaming the police for all of their social ailments.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
          Does anyone knows when is the next academy after July ?
          Read the news article man, all of the information is in there

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
            Does anyone knows when is the next academy after July ?
            Sm,
            I confirmed there is an October academy (2016)
            Looking at Legions article, I was worried that if the October academy is the 3rd for this year, we would be out of luck.
            I was able to verify that the 3rd academy in question is for Feb 2017. According to the article, they are considering canceling or delaying FEB 2017.
            Not only have they already started recruiting for July and October, some recruits have already signed final offers.
            Again, I know you are anxious like everyone else, but if you get the COE for October and pass the Psych and med you should be good for OCT.

            Stay positive my friends

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
              Sm,
              I confirmed there is an October academy (2016)
              Looking at Legions article, I was worried that if the October academy is the 3rd for this year, we would be out of luck.
              I was able to verify that the 3rd academy in question is for Feb 2017. According to the article, they are considering canceling or delaying FEB 2017.
              Not only have they already started recruiting for July and October, some recruits have already signed final offers.
              Again, I know you are anxious like everyone else, but if you get the COE for October and pass the Psych and med you should be good for OCT.

              Stay positive my friends
              Rooting for you bro!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
                Sm,
                I confirmed there is an October academy (2016)
                Looking at Legions article, I was worried that if the October academy is the 3rd for this year, we would be out of luck.
                I was able to verify that the 3rd academy in question is for Feb 2017. According to the article, they are considering canceling or delaying FEB 2017.
                Not only have they already started recruiting for July and October, some recruits have already signed final offers.
                Again, I know you are anxious like everyone else, but if you get the COE for October and pass the Psych and med you should be good for OCT.

                Stay positive my friends
                I am appreciated for looking up and let us know . It been since I finished high school I had decided to go for law enforcement .kept working hard toward this goal . Whichever agency guys we go for , lets value team work, high standards , positive mindset ,persistence , commitment , and be good example .
                Last edited by SM_Leo; 06-20-2016, 08:25 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                  Rooting for you bro!
                  lol, thanks man.

                  We are all pushing towards this goal. Good luck to you too. And let's hope this drama subsides soon.

                  Comment


                  • I once put all my eggs in the OPD basket. Disregarding what experienced mentors from other agencies tried to tell me. I was young, motivated and I wanted the notoriety of being a "ghetto gunfighter" patrolling some of the more dangerous areas in California. I applied, spent around a year jumping through the hoops, jumping every time I was told to jump, dropping what I was doing to satisfy the background or human resources unit and seeing mismanagement along the way which I naively was willing to overlook just to wear a OPD patch.

                    The pot of gold at the rainbow was being hired by OPD and attending academy orientation with about 30 other individuals...all of whom had quit jobs, and some of whom had moved families from out of state after being hired by OPD. I felt so proud taking my ID photograph, getting issued my OPD gear, and letting everyone know I was one step closer to being a OPD cop. This came to a sudden halt when we were all called to attend a emergency meeting at OPD HQ less than one week from the academy start date. We were all told funding did not exist for us to begin employment with the city of Oakland and the academy would be pushed TBA. This academy never happened, and after about one month of phone calls checking in for updates, OPD stopped returning our messages and missed calls. OPD did not hold another academy for almost two years. Those who had not been hired by other agencies were contacted and told to reapply and the process would start from scratch.

                    OPD had potential to be recognized as being among the leaders in the California LE community, a agency which would set the standard for agencies throughout the state. The ranks are filled with dedicated, driven and experienced personnel...but the disconnect occurs somewhere between command staff and city hall and the PD has been denigrated to overworked officers who must worry more about policy and perception then they do about being proactive and aggressive which is very sad. To work in a environment like "The Town" and be told to not proactively police is a problem.

                    I wish you all the best with your pursuit of the OPD patch, but I can tell you now, after a little bit of experience, something is to be said for listening to your gut, listening to your mentors and chasing the dream in more stable environment.
                    point am i clear?

                    Comment


                    • Nicely said, 8100

                      Comment


                      • Sigh any word if the 2017 academy? I just finished their PAT and I have to retake the PELLETB with them because I didn't know we couldn't submit them the day of like other depts.

                        This dept is closest to my hometown and I know the city well. Still holding out hope.

                        Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Callofthewild View Post
                          Sigh any word if the 2017 academy? I just finished their PAT and I have to retake the PELLETB with them because I didn't know we couldn't submit them the day of like other depts.

                          This dept is closest to my hometown and I know the city well. Still holding out hope.

                          Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                          There's one acadmey 2016 July 11 , another on 2016 October , and 2017 March .july academy already been wrapped up . There's recruits , including me hoping to get an official spot for October . An acadmey spot is given by the time you finish all the process . But you can expect which academy by the time you clear backgrounds and receive a conditional offer . Good luck in the process

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                            There's one acadmey 2016 July 11 , another on 2016 October , and 2017 March .july academy already been wrapped up . There's recruits , including me hoping to get an official spot for October . An acadmey spot is given by the time you finish all the process . But you can expect which academy by the time you clear backgrounds and receive a conditional offer . Good luck in the process
                            Can I ask when you started the process? I'm not optimistic because my oral board is in August. Unless the dept Investigators hauled you know what to get everyone cleared.

                            Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Callofthewild View Post
                              Can I ask when you started the process? I'm not optimistic because my oral board is in August. Unless the dept Investigators hauled you know what to get everyone cleared.

                              Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                              Hey guys , so I looked up in the news . There's 2 academies 2016 jul11 and Beginning of October this year . The city delayed the 2017 February academy to March 2017
                              Last edited by m_sharif; 06-23-2016, 11:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...-pending-audit

                                Sm, here is tge article you are referring to.

                                July and October are progressing as planned.

                                Sm, when did you officially clear background?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2860 users online. 189 members and 2671 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X