Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now the Interim Chief has been relieved of duty.
    semper destravit

Comment

• Originally posted by RGDS View Post
      And now the Interim Chief has been relieved of duty.

http://kron4.com/2016/06/15/oakland-...w-information/

"New" info, huh? I have no doubt its politically based and legally baseless.

I get it... few citizens in this state likes cops. I'm okay with being disliked. I'm okay with the risk, the ignorance, the hours, the stress. There's a ton of good cops at OPD too.

Oakland will have a hell of a time hiring new and keeping "good" men and women with all of the BS that's been spewing out of that city. The lack of admin and city support, even just evidence based backing, caused myself and many others to look elsewhere.

I guess they want a perfect puppet.... good luck. Last time I checked a good top cop is neither a puppet nor a pushover.

My two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAprotectNserve View Post
        http://kron4.com/2016/06/15/oakland-...w-information/

"New" info, huh? I have no doubt its politically based and legally baseless.

I get it... few citizens in this state likes cops.
        There are many places in this state that love and respect their cops. They tend to be either politically moderate or conservative areas, or rich liberal areas. My city is big enough I have worked those plus the anti cop hoods. The hood is fine to work for a few years (and it was great to work prior to 08 when IMHO things started going downhill) but after a while it's nice to protect a community that actually gives a F. Now days there are criminals everywhere to keep you busy.

Oakland is a disaster zone on a whole 'nother level.

Comment

• Double post
          Last edited by SM_Leo; 06-16-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Post deleted

Comment

• http://www.eastbayexpress.com/SevenD...t-and-training

Wonder where this will leave myself and others who are in the hiring process. Only time will tell...

Comment

• With all the info. leaking all over the news it is disturbing to hear that the officers involved in these allegations are those who have yet to hit there 5 year mark. I personally feel discourage to join OPD, but at the same time I want to be a part of the positive changes that will soon come to the Department.

Comment

• It wasn't only rookies. Senior guys are involved including Richmond, ALCO (both SO and the DA's Office) and CoCO SO.

There is currently a push to remove hiring and place it under direct control of the US District Court. Bi doubt that will help and will probably make it worse.
                  semper destravit

Comment

• Post deleted
                    Last edited by m_sharif; 06-24-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• And..... Another one gone. Can't say I blame him for avoiding the associated bovine fecal matter.

Comment

• Pretty excited. Got my psych date in 3 weeks.. Although I'm going for oct academy, I'm thrilled to have my COE. I was just worried about all the drama in OPD right now. Anyhow, more time to hit the gym

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
                          Pretty excited. Got my psych date in 3 weeks.. Although I'm going for oct academy, I'm thrilled to have my COE. I was just worried about all the drama in OPD right now. Anyhow, more time to hit the gym
                          My backgound got cleared last week . How long it took for the pyscho email ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                            My backgound got cleared last week . How long it took for the pyscho email ?
                            Congrats man,

My background was submitted to the sergeant last Friday the 10th. Got the email today.. So it took about a week for the COE Psych enail

Comment

• Post deleted
                              Last edited by m_sharif; 06-24-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Better start applying elsewhere guys

http://m.eastbayexpress.com/SevenDay...ice-commission

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3371 users online. 193 members and 3178 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X