Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
    Legion,

Yeah I am but REALLY hoping I get in with OPD!! This us my second time testing with them but I understand I still have a ways to go.

Got my thanks but no thanks from Sj though.

We will see how it goes. July is almost upon us.
    Which department are you waiting on?
    I wont say it because I don't want to jinx it but if I get the OK, I'll PM you man. From what my buddies at OPD told me, is that the entire OPD Background Unit is going through some major changes right now, so that might explain the delay.

Comment

• Post deleted
      Last edited by m_sharif; 06-23-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Post deleted
        Last edited by m_sharif; 06-23-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnloredo23 View Post
          Anyone else with 174B? Just finished my physical and I'm getting my finger prints tomorrow and got the thumbs up from the chiefs review board 4/28. I think I'm pretty much set, from what I'm told this part is just some check in the box stuff Academy starts 7/11. Anyone else in the same position as me (congrats).
          Yes, I am in the same boat as you. Looking to start the Academy July 11th. Are you local to the bay area, I'm looking for a running partner to get ready.

Comment

• anyone on here who has gone through the OPD academy that can give some pointers. I will be in the July academy this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by E_Escobar View Post
              Yes, I am in the same boat as you. Looking to start the Academy July 11th. Are you local to the bay area, I'm looking for a running partner to get ready.
              Just got word that background is Cleared!!

E_Escobar, how long after clearing BI did it take to get to med and Psych. Did your BI call and tell you or were you emailed by opd?

Getting pretty pumped up!

Comment

anyone on here who has gone through the OPD academy that can give some pointers. I will be in the July academy this year.
                I have a few opd recycles in my Sfpd academy that I'm in and all they said was PT is HARD I would probably do A LOT of body weight exercises good luck

Comment

E_Escobar, how long after clearing BI did it take to get to med and Psych. Did your BI call and tell you or were you emailed by opd?

Congrats man . How long it took to your background be completed ? I'm still on backgrounds . It been 8 months . A friend of mine who was in the academy last year his background too 10 months . An average of 6-12 months for most of the candidates

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                    Congrats man . How long it took to your background be completed ? I'm still on backgrounds . It been 8 months . A friend of mine who was in the academy last year his background too 10 months . An average of 6-12 months for most of the candidates
                    Dude, just start applying to other depts. never put all your eggs in one dept. your file has been put in limbo most likely. What that means you might not move forward, but you might not be DQ either. I had a friend who was in limbo with OPD, she applied to other depts and got hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                      Dude, just start applying to other depts. never put all your eggs in one dept. your file has been put in limbo most likely. What that means you might not move forward, but you might not be DQ either. I had a friend who was in limbo with OPD, she applied to other depts and got hired.
                      I am in the same boat just waiting since I took my poly in April. This whole police process makes me wonder how they go by selecting individuals for the academy.
                      Last edited by jpa1990; 06-04-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                        Sm,
                        Thanks man but I still have a bit to go. Nevertheless, I'm happy to be progressing.
                        It took almost 3 weeks from first contact by BI to completion.
                        Not counting my eggs yet though.

I wonder why you just don't reaply with Opd or even other agencies.. I know it can be frustrating man.. I do wish you good luck man

Comment

Once background was cleared, med and psych where done a week apart from one another.

Comment

Once background was cleared, med and psych where done a week apart from one another.

How long did you BI take from start to finish?

So it took a week from clearing Bi to schedule psych?

Comment

• Background was about three to four months. I cleared backgrounds in January, signed my letter the last week of February.

Comment

Background was about three to four months. I cleared backgrounds in January, signed my letter the last week of February.
                                Nice congrats,

Hope to join you in July!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5428 users online. 335 members and 5093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X