Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ap1987 View Post
    i did,the list expired
    OPD never told me if there's any expiration list . I email my investigator this week and my backround still on going and been over a year and 6 months ( 6 months on backgrounds ) on the process . It been a while from the seminar . I actually saw some people on that seminar on April 2015 in one of recent academies . i was number 65 on that list . Don't know if making to this July acadmey but it will be nice if they send me over sfpd academy .

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
      OPD never told me if there's any expiration list . I email my investigator this week and my backround still on going and been over a year and 6 months ( 6 months on backgrounds ) on the process . It been a while from the seminar . I actually saw some people on that seminar on April 2015 in one of recent academies . i was number 65 on that list . Don't know if making to this July acadmey but it will be nice if they send me over sfpd academy .
      Sm_Leo

Did you actually have a meeting with an opd BI,
      Or did they just tell you your investigation hado officialy begun?

How long after poly?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tobeleo1;3863577]Sm_Leo

I had my seminar on Arpril 2015 and on May was poly . Then didn't hear anything till September when my neighbors said an OPD officer came by . On October , my Bi called me and start my background . So , 5 months after poly to have them contact references and assuming 1-2 months left to be done with my background, hopefully . So for me , it been 6 months active and assuming now is just finishing up package to have forward to review board .I believe most of BI are full time officers and they do background as Auxiliar duty . It been long process man .i been a year and 6 months now in the process . So , hopes it help you guy that been on my shoes as well waiting . I would recommend to keep accumulating college credits till you get far in the process . They do give incentive pay for BA once you pass FTO . About applying for other agencies , honestly , I would had done that in the beginning of the process but now since I'm far in there's no point bevause they my question you of your interest in the department because it cost to do backgrounds. If you show your BI you fully interested and willing to help them if they need to gather more info , do it . It'll show interest , cause every acadmey there's people that just drop out and others that withdrew from CO to other departments

Comment

• [QUOTE=SM_Leo;3863632]
          Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
          Sm_Leo

I had my seminar on Arpril 2015 and on May was poly . Then didn't hear anything till September when my neighbors said an OPD officer came by . On October , my Bi called me and start my background . So , 5 months after poly to have them contact references and assuming 1-2 months left to be done with my background, hopefully . So for me , it been 6 months active and assuming now is just finishing up package to have forward to review board .I believe most of BI are full time officers and they do background as Auxiliar duty . It been long process man .i been a year and 6 months now in the process . So , hopes it help you guy that been on my shoes as well waiting . I would recommend to keep accumulating college credits till you get far in the process . They do give incentive pay for BA once you pass FTO . About applying for other agencies , honestly , I would had done that in the beginning of the process but now since I'm far in there's no point bevause they my question you of your interest in the department because it cost to do backgrounds. If you show your BI you fully interested and willing to help them if they need to gather more info , do it . It'll show interest , cause every acadmey there's people that just drop out and others that withdrew from CO to other departments
          Man that is a long time!! Hang in there bro you are near the end . For me, I applied 11/15 processed 3/25/16 poly 4/11/16 and have not heard any news yet.. Based on your time line I am in for a LONG wait.. Anyway, I hope you hear the news you have been waiting for...

I know everyones time line is different so we shall see!!

It's odd to me that full time officers would be doing BI. I just don't understand how that would make sense. You also didn't say you met your invtigator, that is pretty odd aswel, but who really knows,right?

Anyways good luck to you man

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tobeleo1;3863674]
            Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post

Man that is a long time!! Hang in there bro you are near the end . For me, I applied 11/15 processed 3/25/16 poly 4/11/16 and have not heard any news yet.. Based on your time line I am in for a LONG wait.. Anyway, I hope you hear the news you have been waiting for...

I know everyones time line is different so we shall see!!

It's odd to me that full time officers would be doing BI. I just don't understand how that would make sense. You also didn't say you met your invtigator, that is pretty odd aswel, but who really knows,right?

Anyways good luck to you man

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tobeleo1;3863681]Hey Sm _leo,

Was your employer or anyone else contacted by Bi

Comment

• Post deleted
                Last edited by SM_Leo; 05-04-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Post deleted
                  Last edited by SM_Leo; 05-04-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Re
                    Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
                    Hello Tobeleo1,

I took my Poly on Tues April 12th and I still have not heard anything yet.
                    Jpa 1990

Any updates?? Based on prior posts we are in for a long wait.. However I know that some applicants get through quick.. I don't know how this system works but July is approaching...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
                      Re

Jpa 1990

Any updates?? Based on prior posts we are in for a long wait.. However I know that some applicants get through quick.. I don't know how this system works but July is approaching...
                      Nothing yet...but the way I'm looking at it is Oakland is reviewing the recordings from the polygraph exam. So maybe in the next week we will hear something?

Comment

• Deleted post
                        Last edited by lmroc; 04-27-2016, 11:35 PM. Reason: delete post

Comment

• Post deleted
                          Last edited by SM_Leo; 05-04-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Calls went out on Thursday April 28th. I know some ppl who already got the call for the July academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                              Calls went out on Thursday April 28th. I know some ppl who already got the call for the July academy
                              Hey, do you know if they applied back in October 2015 or before?

Thanks!

Comment

• Post deleted
                                Last edited by SM_Leo; 05-04-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6390 users online. 358 members and 6032 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X