300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tobeleo1 View Post
    Where did you take it? Martinez? Did he/she tell you the results, any hints??
    When did you have your processing appt?
    This waiting game sucks lol
    I took it in Benicia. He told me to not get hurt and be safe because the academy is in July, so I am taking that as a good hint lol. I had my processing on March 25th, 2016 when did you have yours? I agree it does suck, hopefully we find out something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpa1990 View Post
      I took it in Benicia. He told me to not get hurt and be safe because the academy is in July, so I am taking that as a good hint lol. I had my processing on March 25th, 2016 when did you have yours? I agree it does suck, hopefully we find out something soon.
      I had mine the same day! we'll see what happens. Getting to this acadamy would be amazing.. Thanks and good luck man

Comment

Legion how was your poly? Do you remember how long after poly you heard back from Oakland last go around Email, call, etc??
        Hey, I think it went okay, but I didn't really get anything and was just told to wait for OPD to contact me

Comment

I had mine the same day! we'll see what happens. Getting to this acadamy would be amazing.. Thanks and good luck man
          Man thats the goal right now Good luck to you too!

Comment

Last edited by Dispatch_mama; 04-26-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Off topic question guys.

I was reading a few different articles from a year and two ago about how severely understaffed Oakland PD was and they lack qualified applicants applying? Is this still true up to date or has things improved/worsened? As of all Bay Area police departments?
              Last edited by War Priest; 04-21-2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Any updates from anyone?

Comment

Any updates from anyone?
                  Nothing here still trying to be patient, something I'm not too good at, especially while waiting for my dream job. Lol

Comment

• my boy just passed backgrounds and just signed his conditional offer. His psych appointment is next week. He was waiting for a BI for almost 6 months. Took about 1-2 months to pass backgrounds

Comment

• Do you know when he initially applied?

Comment

Do you know when he initially applied?
                        around jan-feb of 2015

Comment

Nothing here still trying to be patient, something I'm not too good at, especially while waiting for my dream job. Lol

Have anyone applied Back on Nov2014. I'm still waiting to get clear from backgrounds to do the last steps

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                            Have anyone applied Back on Nov2014. I'm still waiting to get clear from backgrounds to do the last steps
                            Idk, I applied 10/2015. Had polygraph 4/11 and still waiting to here back.. After polygraph, how long did it take for u to here back.. Were you emailed or called by opd?
                            Last edited by Tobeleo1; 04-24-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by War Priest View Post
                              Off topic question guys.

I was reading a few different articles from a year and two ago about how severely understaffed Oakland PD was and they lack qualified applicants applying? Is this still true up to date or has things improved/worsened? As of all Bay Area police departments?
                              Now that departments have money again this is the situation all throughout the State. However, departments do not lower their standards in order to reach their needed numbers of officers.

My department just fails them in backgrounds and hopes for the best in another round of testing with other applicants. This means the actual officers on the street just learn to do more with less. Departments shift money that they would be paying to new hires to overtime for current officers.

Sometimes if it gets real bad the department may lower the number of minimum staffing allowed on each shift. This hurts morale but it is better then having a bad hire on the shift either doing bad officer safety tactics or doing shady stuff while on/off duty. In the long run hiring bad officers just brings the departments reputation down and makes all of us good officers look bad.

On the flip side, if you do get in, then there will be unlimited overtime available and you'll make a shat loud of cash, which is nice.

City councils tend to just look at budgets and in budgets there is usually a fixed amount per year that they have allotted for paying officers. If the city can't get to the amount of officers budgeted in that year then there is a high surplus of allotted money that does not get spent. When the POAs negotiate for higher wages the council looks at the unspent allotted funds and thinks, "Hhhmmm I guess we can afford to pay them more." Councils for the most part fear losing the employees that they already have and figure if they increase the salary of current employees those employees will not leave for greener pastures. They also figure if the salary is higher they will have an easier time hiring more. There are outliers to this and I can think of one department right away (San Jose), but that is the minority.

So there is some negatives and positives with all of this.

Bottom line is this, if there are departments that are in high need of officers it doesn't mean it will be easier for someone to get picked up. It can mean two things, either the department really sucks and all the good officers are running away, which isn't a place I would want to go; Or the tempo of the city has increased along with funds and the citizens or POAs convinced city leaders to increase the staffing.

To be a POST certified agency in California means there are hiring standards that can't be overlooked. POST audits backgrounds if you didn't know. If a department lowers those standards they risk being uncertified as a department by CA POST standards. Bad juju.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM_Leo View Post
                                i did,the list expired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6054 users online. 316 members and 5738 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X