300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Police_trainee View Post
    It been 6 months for me , I applied in November , now just waiting to be assigned a background investigator . Hey, how long does usually take to be contacted after polygraph ? I'm putting all my hopes for this July academy but after reading others posts, I believe it all depends how fast they need us . But the new mayor she definitely want more cops in the streets of Oakland . It been a long process but will be the best career for all of us .

had my poly In December and contacted by BI in March so about 2-3 months. Hope the best for you. chief has to approve the files to be cleared for academy after BI is done processing. then that's when challenge comes passing academy, BI sort of tried intimidate me with drop out rate/non-passing rate, but I'm not worried.

Comment

• Post deleted
      Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:44 AM. Reason: Post deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by XEM_11 View Post
        I think that may be San Fransisco area if I'm not mistaken but that's a far ride for you. I still havent heard from backgrounds and I applied In May, backgrounds started March. good luck on the psych bro!
        Oh man bro that was far, but basically past benicia, Ca about 2 hours from san jose. But the psych is easy basically questions regarding a packet you fill out, nothing crazy. Interviewer is an awesome dude. I also received my medical the 26th of this month, and that is it for me. I wish you the best, it is a long process but feels so good once your here brother !!

Comment

Well , I noticed that every academy at least 20 people drop from academy . I don't know why some people do drop from academy , but If that's the career you want and I want , I would put 100% commitment and the only way not to pass is if a recruit don't put 100% effort . we get show them we are here to succeed .
          Exactly positive attitude. Intimidation only goes so far I know people who have dropped out but due to injuries. It is cake, study and study more and you will be fine.

Comment

• Post deleted
            Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Post deleted
              Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:42 AM. Reason: Post deleted

Comment

Hey guys , for those of you who took polygraph , how long it took to meet with a BI after poly ?
                Bro, relax lol. You're stressing yourself out for no reason. If you didn't lie on the poly, you will meet your BI soon

Comment

• Post deleted
                  Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I am very honest person . I had asked a question cause I'm not familiar with the process . But thank you for feedback .
                    Don't take it the wrong way, I just don't want to see you stress yourself out. You have PM me and asked me this question a few times, and I gladly answered it for you. When it comes to this process, it's all about having the patience. I'm going on 5 months to hear back regarding to my backgrounds, trust me, it's getting to me too, but just gotta keep busy

Comment

• Post deleted
                      Last edited by Police_trainee; 05-09-2015, 12:41 AM. Reason: Post deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by NSW_DBG View Post
                        Anybody have insight on using the Post 9/11 GI Bill during the academy?
                        Well, I've only used the GI Bill during school. You only receive funding if the school or training facility verifies your enrollment. I'm not sure if police academies are setup for that or even know what to do. You would have to contact the academy. That's a good question because I've used up the regular GI Bill but I still have the post 9/11 available for about 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyP702 View Post
                          Well, I've only used the GI Bill during school. You only receive funding if the school or training facility verifies your enrollment. I'm not sure if police academies are setup for that or even know what to do. You would have to contact the academy. That's a good question because I've used up the regular GI Bill but I still have the post 9/11 available for about 1 year.
                          I'm currently in the 172nd. OPD has no official VA rep. Another option I'm working on is going through Merritt College with the VA and have Merritt recognize the academy as a Parent school. It's been done in the past but I will post my findings out on here as they come up so future military vets can get a step ahead. Good luck on your process guys and study the radio codes!

Comment

• Post deleted
                            Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:04 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

• Signing final job offer paperwork this Thursday . I'll post a timeline of the process from when I started soon.

Comment

• Post deleted
                                Last edited by Police_trainee; 07-21-2015, 09:03 PM. Reason: No longer using this website blog

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4140 users online. 194 members and 3946 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X